xacml message

Subject: Re: Issue #3 ready for review on github - VariableDefinitions in Rules

All,

I've added comments to issues 2 and 3. Can we (should we) set up forwarding of
comments to this list?

Regards,
Steven

On 14/11/2023 4:52 pm, DANGERVILLE Cyril wrote:
Classified as: {OPEN}

Hello,

I have progressed on the issue âAdd VariableDefinitions in Rules <https://github.com/oasis-tcs/xacml-spec/issues/3>â, which is the issue #3 on github. In the issue description, you have the link to the proposed changes to fix this issue, in the form of a github âpull requestâ. Here is the direct link for your convenience:

https://github.com/oasis-tcs/xacml-spec/pull/10 <https://github.com/oasis-tcs/xacml-spec/pull/10>

Then Âclick on âFiles changedâ to see the proposed changes to the XACML core specification in details.

*@Steven: *could you review the changes <https://github.com/oasis-tcs/xacml-spec/pull/10> for this issue? And let me know in particular whether that could be done in a XACML profile as well â and how - instead of changing the core spec directly, as you suggested during the last call.

For the moment, in order to use Github features at best, I am not using MS Word to track the changes as you can see, but I re-wrote the spec in a plain text markup language supported by Github (asciidoc in this case), so that we can track all changes with git (thatâs its job), and this is why you can see the changes directly on github web UI (or you could use a Git tool and a simple text editor on your desktop). In the end, it should be possible to generate the MS Word document back from the plain text (asciidoc), but I need to look at the new OASIS template to make sure.

I am aware this is different from your previous way of work, so if at some point, you feel this is too much of a hassle, we can go back to Word.

*@Hal: *where can we find the new OASIS template ? as you mentioned some boilerplate was obsolete.

*@all:*if you wish to see the issues being worked on / in progress, you can go to the âXACML Core specâ project <https://github.com/orgs/oasis-tcs/projects> in oasis-tcs github, then look at the column âIn Progressâ:

https://github.com/orgs/oasis-tcs/projects/1/views/1 <https://github.com/orgs/oasis-tcs/projects/1/views/1>

Thereâs only one in progress for now, but if you want to start working on another issue, just move it from the Todo column to the âIn Progressâ column, then click on it and assign it to yourself.

KR,

Cyril