xdi message

Subject: Minutes: XDI TC Telecon Thursday 2006-12-07

Following is the agenda for the unofficial XDI TC telecon at:

Date:  Thursday, 07 December 2006 USA (Friday morning Asia)
Time:  3:00PM - 4:00PM PT

AGENDA

Bill Barnhill
Gabe Wachob
Marty Schleiff
Laurie Rae
Drummond Reed
Steve Churchill
Les Chasen

1) WELCOME TO NEW TC MEMBERS
We introduced the new TC members -- Laurie and Marty -- to the group.
Welcome!

2) INTERNET IDENTITY WORKSHOP REPORT
Drummond, Steve, and Gabe gave a report on the XDI session at IIW in
Mountain View (http://www.windley.com/events/iiw2006b/announcement). It was
a high-level session but the explanation of XDI architecture given by Andy
Dale was very helpful and led to several interesting follow-on discussions.

Note tha the next IIW will be May 14-16, again in Mountain View. All XDI TC
members are encouraged to attend.

3) CHARTER UPDATE & DISCUSSION
We discussed the previous charter update progress. Bill suggested we may
even want to look at rechartering, depending on how our goals may have
evolved. We agreed that:

# DRUMMOND to post the latest draft on the XDI TC wiki.

4) XPL PROPOSAL DISCUSSION
We reviewed Bill's XRI Path Language proposal. See his summary on the
mailing list thread at:

	http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xri/200612/msg00013.html

5) SUBJECT/PREDICATE/OBJECT
Drummond explained the suggestion that originated with Victor Grey and
others that, now that the v17 schema makes the three-level model explicit,
we name these levels "subject", "predicate", and "object" to explicitly
align them with RDF.

There was general support for this.

# DRUMMOND to upload a v18 schema using these element names.

Bill explained he has done an XDI-RDF converter based on the v17 schema.
Drummond asked if Bill might be willing to upload it, and Bill said he would
once he had he time to clean it up.

# BILL to upload his example XDI-RDF converter when he is able.

6) SETTING SCHEDULE/AGENDA FOR DECEMBER CALLS
We agreed to hold two more TC calls on Thursday December 14 and December 21
(both at the same 3PM PT time) and then break until January.

=Drummond