xliff message

Subject: RE: [xliff] Minutes of the XLIFF TC meeting March 25th 2003.

See note below from Yves regarding the minutes.

Peter.

Hi Peter,

Just a note: in the <g> element topic of the minute: We agreed to get rid of the last sentence ("In this case, if the embedded group has an id attribute, it should never be moved outside of its parent group"), not the last paragraph (<g> is still embeddable).

cheers,

-yves

-----Original Message-----
From: Reynolds, Peter [mailto:Peter.Reynolds@bowneglobal.ie]
Sent: 26 March 2003 13:00
To: 'xliff@lists.oasis-open.org'

Minutes of the XLIFF TC meeting March 25th 2003.

1/ Attendance
Tony Jewtushenko, Oracle Corporation, TC Chair
Jonathan Clark, TC Vice-Chairman
Peter Reynolds, Bowne Global Solutions, TC Secretary
Yves Savourel, TC Editor
Christian Lieske, SAP
David Pooley, SDL
John Reid, Novell
Mat Lovatt, Oracle
Doug Domeny
Milan Karásek, Moravia-IT
Enda McDonnell
Shigemichi Yazawa
Mark Levins, IBM/Lotus

Apologies:
None

2/ The minutes of the previous meeting were agreed. Jonathan proposed and John seconded.

3/ Issue
Final Attribute Values
John has sent the normalised list to the group. http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200303/msg00017.html He introduced this to the meeting and raised the issue of descriptions missing for some of these entries. Tony said that all everyone who has asked for an attribute value to be entered should send a description to him by close of business on Friday (PST). He will send out a mail to the TC on Monday.

Values for size-unit
Enda sent the TC a mail  which was accepted. http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200303/msg00018.html  There was a discussion on whether we should use the word glyph or char-grapheme. It was agreed we will use the word glyph. Mat will send Yves a description of glyph.
There was a discussion raised from about the use char-16, char-32. After some debate it was decided to leave this as it is.
There was further debate on the values that can be used for size-unit. Christian will provide a list to Yves based on the CSS list.

id attribute
Yves proposal on the id attrribute accepted. http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200303/msg00019.html

<g> element

All member of the TC need to look at definitions.

4/ Schema
The schema is being re-worked to allow easier use of the lists in the same attribute type e.g. count-type.

There is a problem with XMLSpy valaditating against the schema
Three errors reported by Bryan have been fixed

5/ Meeting adjourned proposed by Mat seconded by Enda. Next meeting April1 1st.

Peter Reynolds, Software Development Manager
Bowne Global Solutions
3, West Pier Business Campus, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin, Ireland
Tel: +353-1-202-1280
Fax: +353-1- 202-1299
Peter.Reynolds@bowneglobal.ie
Web Site: http//www.bowneglobal.com