xliff message

Subject: [Fwd: RE: XForms localization] Replies from W3C XForms List

Hi,

We have had two replies so far, one from T.V. Raman from IBM and one
from Leigh Klotz from Xerox. The general indication is that attributes
are not "normally" intended to contain translatable text. The response
from Leigh gives some more insight as to how the authors of the standard
foresaw how XForms localization would be handled.

I have also trawled through the XForms schema and identified the
following attributes as having a content model of unrestricted xsd:string:

<submission mediatype="">
<bind p3ptype="">
<input inputmode="">
<textarea inputmode="">
<secret inputmode="">
<upload inputmode="">
<range start="" end="" step="">
<instance encoding="">

None of these look likely to contain translatable text.

If anybody finds any further attributes whose content is only xsd:string
I would be most grateful.

Please find the responses from TV and Leigh below.

Regards,

AZ