xliff message

Subject: RE: [xliff-comment] Section 2.5.4 Validating Documents with Extensions - needs revision

Bryan, et al.,

After analysis, I now recommend processContents="strict" for the strict
schema. All modified files are attached.

                        strict         lax w/ xsd      lax w/o xsd
                    valid  invalid    valid  invalid    valid
StylusStudio 2006  correct correct   correct valid     correct
MSXML 4 DOM        correct correct   correct valid     correct
MSXML 6 DOM        correct correct   correct valid     correct
Saxonica 8.7       correct correct   correct valid     correct
.NET XML           correct correct   correct correct   error
Xerces-J 2.5.1     correct correct   correct valid     correct
XSV 2.10-1         correct correct   correct valid     error†

† if URI returns error 404

As you can see, "lax" for most of the parsers is the same as "skip" and
therefore useless except in .NET parser, which acts like "strict".

The most help comes from using "strict" and providing the schema.

The change is to add the tek schema to documents that use the tek:
namespace.

Sample_AlmostEverything_1.2_strict.xlf

<xliff xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.2"
       xmlns:tek="http://www.tektronix.com";
       xsi:schemaLocation="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.2
       xliff-core-1.2-strict.xsd http://www.tektronix.com tektronix.xsd"
       version="1.2">

HTML Profile

ExampleXSLTUse_3_BeforeTrans.xlf and ExampleXSLTUse_4_AfterTrans.xlf

<xliff xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.2"
xmlns:tek="http://www.tektronix.com";
xsi:schemaLocation="urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.2
xliff-core-1.2-strict.xsd http://www.tektronix.com tektronix.xsd"
version="1.2" xml:lang="en-us">

(I also removed the cals: prefix because it is not used.)

Bryan, please check the tektronix.xsd. I renamed it (obviously) and added
attribute definitions for the HTML Profile. Also, soft_sample was removed.

Regards,

Doug Domeny
Software Analyst

Ektron, Inc.