xliff message

Subject: Groups - Standing bi-monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference modified

Standing bi-monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference has been modified by Mr. Peter Reynolds

Date:  Tuesday, 22 May 2007
Time:  11:00am - 12:00pm ET

Event Description:
1. Call one of the MeetingPlace phone numbers:
From the AMER region dial: * 1-888-967-2253 * +1-650-607-2253
From the APAC region dial: * +61 2 8817 6100
From the EMEA region dial: * +44 118 924 9000

2. Enter the Meeting ID (805534) followed by the # key

3. If the organizer has not started the meeting you will be:

A. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key
B. Placed in the waiting room on music hold until the organizer starts the meeting.

If the organizer has started the meeting you will be:

A. Asked to enter the Meeting Password (805534) - Note: this is the new password
B. Asked to speak your name followed by the # key

Agenda:
1/ roll call

2/ Approve Previous meeting minutes
Accept, reject, or amend.

http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200705/msg00000.html
**corrected URL**

3/ Concentrate only on the next steps to enact the ballot to approve XLIFF 1.2 as a Committee Specification

A. Disposition of our only comment:

Paul Grosso commented:

The draft at http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/v1.2/pr03/xliff-core.html
has a normative reference to XML 1.0 dated Sept 2006 which is fine. However, it also says "Second Edition", and the link (and Sept 2006 date) refer to the Fourth Edition. (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-comment/200705/msg00000.html)

 i. It is the judgment of the officers that this comment is very useful but does not result in substantive Changes to the specification (per http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#3.3).

 ii. We would like to discuss this, get it in the minutes, and point to the discussion in the meeting minutes as our disposition of this issue.

B. Remaining immediate timeline

May 17 - Public Review concludes (1 comment, NOT resulting
         in Substantive Changes to the specification)
May 22 - Conduct regularly scheduled monthly TC meeting
 - - Agenda will focus exclusively on items necessary to pass XLIFF as CS
 - - Go on record with decision that the comment did not result in Substantive Changes to the specification
 - - Do not fix date typo in XML reference in spec for now
 - - Someone make a motion and 2nd it to start the ballot
 - - Since there will be no changes to the specification since the PR we'll just use those links for the CS ballot
May 22 - After the meeting - Bryan or Tony notify Mary of the TC's desire for her to initiate a ballot to approve XLIFF 1.2 as Committee Specification
 - - Since 1 comment was received we must endure the 7-day
     waiting period
 - - Provide Mary with the URL of the comment
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-comment/200705/msg00000.html)
 - - Provide Mary with our disposition (We recognize the date typo, and will fix it at the next editorial cycle)
 - - Provide Mary with the URL of that day's meeting minutes where the comment was discussed
May 24 - 7-day waiting period concludes, Mary initiates the ballot
May 31 - Ballot concludes, XLIFF 1.2 is approved as Committee Specification (I hope)

4/ Any Other Business

Minutes:
1/ roll call
There were 7 members present as recorded in Kavi
Apologies: Milan

2/ Approve Previous meeting minutes
http://www.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/200705/msg00000.html
Tony proposed and Rodolfo seconded that the minutes were a correct record. This was agreed unanimously.

3/ Concentrate only on the next steps to enact the ballot to approve XLIFF 1.2 as a Committee Specification

A. Disposition of our only comment:

Paul Grosso commented:

The draft at http://docs.oasis-open.org/xliff/v1.2/pr03/xliff-core.html
has a normative reference to XML 1.0 dated Sept 2006 which is fine. However, it also says "Second Edition", and the link (and Sept 2006 date) refer to the Fourth Edition. (http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff-comment/200705/msg00000.html)

i. It is the judgment of the officers that this comment is very useful but does not result in substantive Changes to the specification (per http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process.php#3.3).

ii. We would like to discuss this, get it in the minutes, and point to the discussion in the meeting minutes as our disposition of this issue.

We discussed the issues raised by Paul Grosso.
It was agreed that this was a typo and not a substantive issue. A number of suggestions were made as to how we could progress to the ballot on May 24. These includes checking with Mary McRae whether it would be possible to make the typo correction with other changes after the spec becomes a committee specification, added an errata noting the mistake or agreeing to change it in a future version. We decide to vote firstly on whether or not was substantive and then on the action we should take.

A motion was proposed which stated we recognized that the matter raised by Paul Grosso was a type and this did not have any substantive effect on the specification. This was passed unanimously with 7 votes in a roll call ballot.

A motion was proposed which stated we would ask Mary McRae of OASIS whether we could fix the type with other edits which we should make when the committee spec is released or if that is not allowed to issue an errata or deal with it in a future release. This was passed unanimously with 7 votes in a roll call ballot.

B. Remaining immediate timeline

A ballot was proposed which stated we would ask Mary Mcrae to start the ballot for XLIFF to become a committee specification on May 24th. This was passed unanimously with 7 votes in a roll call ballot.

Bryan outlined the dates involved in publishing the standard:

[...]

We had a short discussion on progressing from a committee specification to an OASIS standard.
It was agreed that we would try and get as many affidavits as possible. As well as SDL, Idiom and LISA, we will also target Lionbridge, LRC and a major software publisher such as Sun or IBM.
We also agreed that we would try and make personal contact with voting representatives and would have webinars, white papers and FAQs to support this. Doug has just completed the FAQ doc and requested feedback. Bryan is working on the white paper with Rodolfo and Tony.
It was also agreed that we could use the WIKI to promote the standard as an OASIS standard.

4/ Any Other Business

Relax NG
We have received an email from Raymond Martin suggesting we make use of Relax NG in XLIFF. It was agreed that there would be a number of issues in our doing this at this stage and we agreed not to proceed with this at present.
We also discovered that Mr. Martin had sent an email to LISA suggesting we were progressing with this when we had not made any decision.
Tony volunteered to get in touch with Raymond Martin and say we are not progressing with this.

ICU Representation Guide from IBM
Rodolfo has found this well written ICU Representation Guide which IBM have produced. It was agreed that we would try and persuade the author to join the TC and maybe publish the guide through the TC at a future stage.

View event details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=15317

PLEASE NOTE:  If the above link does not work for you, your email
application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be able to
browser.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:PUBLISH
VERSION:2.0
X-WR-CALNAME:My Calendar
BEGIN:VEVENT
CATEGORIES:MEETING
STATUS:TENTATIVE
DTSTAMP:20070523T000000Z
DTSTART:20070522T150000Z
DTEND:20070522T160000Z
SEQUENCE:4
SUMMARY:Standing bi-monthly XLIFF TC Teleconference
  dial: * 1-888-967-2253 * +1-650-607-2253 \nFrom the APAC region dial:
  * +61 2 8817 6100 \nFrom the EMEA region dial: * +44 118 924 9000
  \n\n2. Enter the Meeting ID (805534) followed by the # key \n\n3. If
  the organizer has not started the meeting you will be: \n\nA. Asked to
  speak your name followed by the # key \nB. Placed in the waiting room
  on music hold until the organizer starts the meeting. \n\nIf the
  organizer has started the meeting you will be: \n\nA. Asked to enter
  the Meeting Password (805534) - Note: this is the new password\nB.
  Asked to speak your name followed by the # key\n\nGroup: OASIS XML
  Localisation Interchange File Format (XLIFF) TC\nCreator: Bryan
  Schnabel*
URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=15317
UID:http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/event.php?event_id=15317
END:VEVENT