xliff message

Subject: FW: Subsetting XLIFF - Why?

Title: Message
Christian would like to discuss Subsetting XLIFF at the upcoming XLIFF TC Meeting.

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Domeny [mailto:Doug.Domeny@ektron.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 2:37 PM
To: Lieske, Christian; Schnabel, Bryan S
Subject: RE: Subsetting XLIFF - Why?

Christian,

Thanks for coming up with these cases. These subsets would be similar in purpose as having transitional and strict. I believe #3 is particularly important, but of course, the tool manufacturer would probably need to create the XSD. I can foresee every tool having their own subset.

We could create an XSD for #1 easily, but I suspect there may be optional elements & attributes that are usually used (e.g., <target>).

I'm a little unclear in #2 what is meant by "formalizes the allowed proprietary markup". Do you mean that by removing the extension points that allow custom tags the user would need to follow a formal process to restore them?

Regards,

Doug