xliff message

Subject: Meeting minutes (2022-05-16)

Dear all,

Please find below a summary of discussion of 2022-05-16 XLIFF-TC call.

Best regards,

Yoshito

-----------------------------

Attendance: Rodolfo, Mihai, Yoshito. We have quorum

I. Administration

Approved May 2nd meeting minutes. https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/202305/msg00000.html

II. Technical work

A. ISO standard

- Peter sent ISO draft to OASIS.

- Chet is reviewing the draft.

- Changes below

  - Extra note added to the ISO XLIFF version.

  - Fixed some version errors in XLIFF 2.1. Changed from 2.0 to 2.1.

- Reference to the original XLIFF specification might need to be changed to XLIFF GitHub or creating a Git Page.

- We want stable repository name for external reference. The repository name is currently xliff-xliff-22. Rodolfo will request Chet to see if OASIS can change the repository name to simply "xliff"

B. Plural and gender support in XLIFF

- Agreed to create an official proposal for a new module supporting the message format spec.

- Mihai will create a GitHub issue for the proposal.

- Mihai will also create a PR for XLIFF 2.2

C. Next step to review the new spec

- Mihai pointed out the problem in the example in 5.9.8.2.2 Inline Elements. Alt text in image is not mapped to XLIFF in translatable form. Rodolfo will fix the issue.

III. Promotion and Liaison

No updates in the Unicode Message Formatting group