xliff message

Subject: Meeting minutes (2023-08-15)

Dear all,

Please find below a summary of 2023-08-15 XLIFF-TC call.

Best regards,

Yoshito

-----------------------------

Attendance: Rodolfo, Mihai, Yoshito. We have quorum

I. Administration

Approved August 1st meeting minutes - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/202308/msg00001.html

II. Technical work

  1. pgs (Plural/Gender/Select) mopdule
  • Mihai was wondered if a note can be attached to each segment, because providing plural example for each plural category is very important for translators.
  • Mihai will bring back this question – using <segment>s instead of <unit>s to carry language specific variants.
  • We’ll continue to discuss this topic in next TC call

III. Promotion and Liaison

  1. ISO standard status updates

- No updates.

B. Message format working group updates (if any)

- Message format working group will have face to face meeting in next month.

- Open design item – support for “attributed text”. For example, when you format a message including month and date, consumer application may want to know substring corresponding to each date field.