xri message

Subject: Thank you to voters

The following thank-you was sent tonight to voters in last month’s OASIS Standard vote. A short article will also be in OASIS News tomorrow.

The OASIS XRI TC thanks you for voting on the OASIS Standard ballots for XRI Syntax 2.0 and XRI Resolution 2.0. As you know, these ballots missed passing by a single vote. We understand most of the negative votes were cast due to concerns raised by the W3C TAG. Several voters requested in their comments that the XRI TC sit down with the W3C TAG to explore our differences, better understand their issues, and document how we believe we can meet their concerns.

We want you to know we have already begun this process. If you are interested, we invite you to participate, either by sharing specific issues or concerns you would like to see addressed, or sharing your own requirements for the next version of the XRI and XRDS specifications. Please also let us know if you would like to attend a plenary we plan to hold this fall with all interested parties.

Again, we thank you for participating in the XRI 2.0 vote. If we can answer questions or otherwise address any concerns you have about our work, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Drummond Reed & Gabe Wachob, Co-Chairs

On behalf of the XRI Technical Committee