cti-stix message

Subject: 6/10 Status Update

All,

Here’s an update of where we stand. I think we’re getting close to final review for the three items in “Nearing Complete” and can maybe have consensus motions on those next week. Similarly, attack pattern has been around for awhile and people seem generally happy with it.

We got held up a bit on the string lengths/encodings/casing issue but between the ballot and a phone call on Tuesday hopefully we can move on from that shortly and have motions on the three vocab topics. Similarly, with a bit more work we can probably figure out malware vs. malicious tool vs. tool (or at least come to a compromise that makes us all equally unhappy).

There’s a side discussion on internationalization that we can’t let trail off. I think we’re coming close to having one or two proposals available for the broader community.

Gary Katz is leading some side groups on intrusion set and infrastructure.

MITRE and our DHS sponsor feel that incident and asset are important topics for us to consider for MVP, so will be dedicating some of our own effort there. Similarly, we’ll spend some time trying to mature an approach for target (targets of all types…vulnerabilities, software versions, sectors, nationalities, etc.) to prep for the community.

As usual, thanks everyone for the attention and effort. If you’d like to help work on any of these topics or any others please volunteer yourself.

John

Done

Boolean

Accepted