emergency-comment message

Subject: RE: [BULK] [emergency-comment] CAP-v1.2.xsd: why no global typedefinitions?

Will the proposed global types be posted somewhere for comment? Will "buildings" or "facilities" types be included? If so, would it be possible to fold in OmniClass [http://www.omniclass.org/] Tables 11 and 12?

DEBORAH MACPHERSON, CSI CCS, AIA
Specifications and Research

Cannon Design
1100 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 2900
Arlington, Virginia 22209

Direct Line 703 907 2353
4 Digit Dial 6353

dmacpherson@cannondesign.com
cannondesign.com

 Please consider the environment before printing this email.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Lendholt [mailto:matthias.lendholt@gfz-potsdam.de]
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 4:31 AM
To: emergency-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

Dear all,

in our tsunami early warning system we are using standards from OGC and from OASIS. One of our WPS (Web Processing Service) is responsible for calculating affected areas out of simulation results. The list of identified administrative units could be represented by a list of geocodes (such as ISO-3166 or NUTS). Because we are already using CAP and its geocode elements I intended to reuse the cap:geocode element in my WPS interface definition. Unfortunately all CAP-*.xsd files available online have no global type definitions. Instead all elements are defined locally. This makes it impossible to reuse them. Of course I can generate my own type definition but for type safety I prefer to import the cap xsd and explicitly reuse the geocode element (or others).

If there are no objections I propose to refactor the xsd by defining global types. But maybe there are certain reasons not to have them?

Best regards,
Matthias Lendholt

--
[matthias.lendholt@gfz-potsdam.de]
GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences

--
This publicly archived list offers a means to provide input to the
OASIS Emergency Management TC.

In order to verify user consent to the Feedback License terms and
before posting.

Subscribe: emergency-comment-subscribe@lists.oasis-open.org