emergency message

Subject: CAP-v1.2.1_proposal.xsd

Hi everyone

On 2011-04-26 I uploaded a proposal for a new CAP.xsd. It provides global type definitions instead of local type definitions. See details below.

Are there any news regarding this?

Best regards,
Matthias

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthias Lendholt [mailto:matthias.lendholt@gfz-potsdam.de]
Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:49 AM
To: emergency@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: [emergency] Groups - Draft Meeting Notes 4-12-11.docx uploaded

> [...]

Currently the CAP xml schema defines all elements locally without using
global type definitions. This prevents a reusage in other xml schemas,
though this is a very interesting use case. For example we developed
several Web Processing Services dealing with criticality classification
of administrative units (such as counties or provinces) which are
addressed by geocodes. Geocodes as key-value pairs are also used in the
CAP standard and for this (and for other elements) we would like to
integrate the CAP schema in xml schemas for our WPS. As said this is
only possible with global type definitions.

I re-structured the CAP 1.2 schema (without semantical changes) and
initially sent the proposal in January to the emergency-comment mailing
list (this was before GFZ joined OASIS).
The document has been submitted to the OASIS Emergency Management TC
document repository.

View Document Details:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/emergency/document.php?document_id=41939

Download Document: