ubl-psc message

Subject: SV: [ubl-psc] Do we need a RFQ submission acceptable date?

Hi Ken

The start date is the issue date. For this kind of tendering you can't get a
quotation too early.

Best regards

Peter

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: G. Ken Holman [mailto:gkholman@CraneSoftwrights.com]
Sendt: 18. april 2011 04:59
Til: UBL Procurement Subcommittee

Hi, folks!

In a recent UBL-Dev exchange, I noted the absence of a starting date for the
acceptable period for responding to an RFQ:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl-dev/201104/msg00001.html

The end of the acceptable period is <SubmissionDueDate>.  I'm guessing the
assumption is that the response is immediately allowed to be submitted.  I
don't have a lot of experience with RFQs but I could imagine the requester
not being prepared to accept RFQs until a particular acceptable starting
date, not necessarily immediately.  Do we need another BBIE to indicate that
acceptable starting date?

I'll assume so, otherwise ignore the rest of the post.

Since what we have isn't labeled an "end" date, I don't think we should name
the new item a "start" date.  I don't know what the antipode of "due" is ...
perhaps <SubmissionAcceptableDate> or <SubmissionAllowedDate> would be
appropriate.

I'll leave it with you ... I just spotted this and thought I would bring it
up for PRD3 consideration.

Thanks!

--
Contact us for world-wide XML consulting & instructor-led training