ebXML Messaging TC Teleconference Minutes July 1, 2009

Attendance

Ian Jones                     Chair

Timothy Bennett

Jacques Durand

Sander Fieten

Pim van der Eijk

 

Apologies

Iwasa Kazunori

Dale Moberg

Ric Emery – Leave of absence

 


The agenda / meeting calling notice is available at:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ebxml-msg/200906/msg00020.html

 

Minutes

Actions from Previous meeting

 

 

 

 

 

 

Matters arising from actions

None

 

Agenda Review

No changes

 

Approval of previous Minutes

No Previous minutes were approved.

 

Version 3.0 work

Part 2: Advanced features

Ian summarized that a move to consensus about defining our own role appears to be forming and asked for confirmation from those present as a common understanding.  Pim asked, “is this a required vale or can it be a default?” for the “nextMSH” value of the role.  Jacques suggested that this should be included if routing is expected.  Discussion on the exact definition of the SOAP 1.2 specification and the need to include our specific role in messages continued.  Jacques suggested the sender must include the next role and the intermediary must process and understand it.  Jacques will add the updates to the current spec and should have it available for the next call.  Dale had previously suggested in an e-mail we should describe the functionality required and now how it should be achieved such as “an intermediary must ensure any headers targeted at it are available for any further intermediary and signatures must not be broken”, this define what we want achieved without saying how.  This avoid the re-insertion issues of the base SOAP spec that always cause concern.

 

Pim outlined his proposal (submitted to the list earlier) for bundling and the related Pmode parameters. A lengthy discussion on the implications of the pmode values took – Jacques stated that the rules for composing bundles need to be defined. Pim will add to the update of the spec after Jacques has made his changes to the intermediary processing.

AS4-SC Report

The comment period has closed and a small number of comments were received.  Jacques suggested a small number of high priority issues in an e-mail sent to the list that was discussed  The missing conformance clauses and the normative nature of these documents need to be addressed before formal publication.  Several of the issues raised were due to the wrong version being referenced in the original notification e-mail, which, we could not get re-issued after repeated requests.

 

Timothy will arrange a separate AS4 call as soon as possible to resolve any further issues – most of the issues are editorial.

Actions and issues

None

A.O.B.

Jacques will not be able to attend any further calls in July due to travel commitments.

Call Schedule & details

Next call July 8, 2:30 USA Pacific time, (10:30pm UK(BST), 11:30 CET, 6:30am Japan (Thursday)) – Call details are: Tel. +1-218-486-8700 pass code 120905.