Minutes – WS-TX Technical committee

Date: Thursday, 12 November 2009
Time: 11:30am - 12:30pm ET

1. Roll Call - chair

Doug Davis (IBM), Tom Freund (IBM), Ram Jeyaraman (Microsoft), Paul Knight (Individual), Ian Robinson (IBM – Chair). Meeting is quorate.

2. Confirm minute taker – chair

Paul Knight confirmed as minute taker.

3. Approve minutes of Sep 17th TC meeting [1]

Minutes approved.

4. Call for AOB – chair

No other business.

5. Actions. Ian to work with TC Admin to fix WS-Coor HTML/PDF hyperlink errors

Ian: Doug observed some formatting errors in the generated HTML and PDF documents for WS-Coordination. Ram has fixed those documents and uploaded them to the document library. Notices were sent to the TC mailing list with the links. Please review these documents.

The problem was the hyperlinks to WS-Trust and WS-SecureConversation.

In the absence of any other issues being noted, I will ask Mary to place these documents in the repository.

6. Discuss any new maintenance issues raised against the 1.2 specs

Ian: I'm not aware of any issues. Is anyone else aware of issues?

(none noted)

7. Discuss ongoing status of TC.

Ian: Ram sent a proposal for ongoing meetings.

Ram: I proposed two points, regarding the frequency of meetings for the TC and a way to address ongoing maintenance. Since we don't have any current issues, we should go to a “dormant” state and meet every 6 months to keep the TC active. We should continue meeting so that as the specifications are implemented and any issues are detected, we can deal with the new issues. It can be a nightmare to restart the TC is it is closed.

Tom: That sounds good.

Ram: Move that the TC should plan to meet every 6 months unless issues come up. If issues come up, we should adaptively arrange to meet to address them.

Tom: second
No objections, motion approved.

Ian: I suggest we meet at the same time and day of the week, just adjust the interval to meet every 6 months.

8. Straggler Roll Call

No stragglers.

9. Close

Meeting closed at 11:40 ET

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/ws-tx/download.php/34252/WS-TX%20meeting%20minutes%20(Sept%2017%2C%202009).htm