OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

OASIS SCA-BPEL TC

10 DEC 2009

Attendees

Present
Mike Edwards, (IBM)
Dieter Koenig, (IBM)
Martin Chapman, (Oracle Corporation)
Sanjay Patil, (SAP AG)
Najeeb Andrabi, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Danny van der Rijn, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Chair
Sanjay Patil
Scribe
Martin Chapman
Agenda:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200912/msg00004.html

Contents

Topics
[1]  Agenda
[2]  minutes
[3]  Action Items
[4]  new issues
[5]  testing
[6]  SCA Namespace
[7]  back to AI
[8]  call schedule
[9]  Issues
[10]  AOB
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:
2009-12-10-1: Editors to update the SCA BPEL spec to reference the latest namespace/XSD.
2009-12-10-2: Editors to check the SCA BPEL xsd

Resolutions


Minutes

Scribe: Martin Chapman

Agenda

<MartinC>
Approved as posted

minutes

<MartinC>
<MartinC>
Approved w/o
Resolution: Minutes of 2009-11-19 located at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200912/msg00003.html approved

Action Items

<MartinC>
#0109 Mike Edwards - Send instructions for running the Assembly tests
<MartinC>
Ongoing. Please try by next call!
<MartinC>
#0115 Mike Edwards - Prepare an updated version of the proposal for issue 58 (rewriting section 2.1.1 to remove the
nested-if)
<MartinC>
ongoing
<MartinC>
#0117 Danny - Create a new issue and a proposal for the 0..1 case (related to issue 53)
<MartinC>
ongoing

new issues

<MartinC>
none

testing

<MartinC>
Awaiting AI #0109

SCA Namespace

<MartinC>
Mike E informs the TC that the Assembly has revised its namespace.
<Mike Edwards>
New namespace:
<Mike Edwards>
<MartinC>
Mike E aks whether any other updates are required from the SCA BPEL TC.
<Mike Edwards>
New XSD files:
<Mike Edwards>
<MartinC>
Mike E moves that the TC adopts the new SCA namespace above for the next rev of the spec and xsds.
<MartinC>
2nd danny
<MartinC>
Passed w/o
Resolution: TC adopts the new SCA NS http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200912 for the next rev of the spec and XSDs
Action: Editors to update the SCA BPEL spec to reference the latest namespace/XSD.
Action: Editors to check the SCA BPEL xsd
<Mike Edwards>

back to AI

<MartinC>
AI #0117
<MartinC>
Sanjay asks Danny on progress. Danny says action was assigned when he wasnt here. Not sure an issue needs to be raised.
<MartinC>
Mike E: only way to do this currently is to try a partnerlink and if it faults you know it is 0
<MartinC>
MartinC: need an extension to determine if a PL is valid or not to map to 0..1
<MartinC>
Danny: the discussion seemed a bit more broad, but if its an extension/xpath then could raise an issue.
<MartinC>
Danny: there may be some other bottom up ambiguities as well
<MartinC>
Issue 53 partially covers some of this case, so is closed, so the new AI is specfic to the 0..1 case
<MartinC>
Danny will be happy to raise new issues, but not before 2010

call schedule

<MartinC>
The calls on 24th dec and 31st dec are cancelled.
<MartinC>
next call Jan 7th
<MartinC>
next call Jan 7th
<MartinC>
next call Jan 7th

Issues

<MartinC>
Issue 53 - BPEL Process: References with Multiplicity 0..1 - how are they supposed to work?
<MartinC>
Purpose of the discussion is to scope the new issue
<MartinC>
Danny: happy to share current thoughts but its only an outline proposal.
<MartinC>
From BPEL all we have are PartnerLinks and the current algorithm.
<MartinC>
0..1 stems from initialpartnerrole=false
<MartinC>
but the runtime must be able to fill this in providing supplied by assembler
<MartinC>
the problem is when there is no value
<MartinC>
esp if a wire is provided. this has not been said.
<MartinC>
if assembly provides a value the runtime must provide the value.
<MartinC>
this is outside scope of plain old bpel but inscope of a sca bpel runtime.
<MartinC>
will be 0 IFF there is no wire.
<MartinC>
an xpath function may still be required.
<MartinC>
There are two aspects but one issues should be able to cover both angles

AOB

<MartinC>
Dieter asks about his action item.
<MartinC>
Mike is making an assumption that the next version of SCA BPEL is CD03
<MartinC>
Dieter has edited cd02 rev 5
<MartinC>
next calls 17 dec 2009, then 7 jan 2010
<MartinC>
meeting adjourned.

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2009-12-31 at 09:31:21 GMT-8


Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

final validation: Title not specified, default title 'OASIS SCA-BPEL TC...' was assumed

statistics: Schreiber found 85 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 68: MartinC: s/but/so/

edits: Line 70: MartinC: s/wil/will

command-scribe: Line 6: Martin Chapman recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

edit-substitute: command on line 68 succeeded, changed line 67 from 'but' to 'so'

edit-delete: Line 68 was deleted

edit-substitute: command on line 70 succeeded, changed line 69 from 'wil' to 'will'

edit-delete: Line 70 was deleted

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.0.0.2

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]