OASIS Logo

OASIS SCA-BPEL TC

14 JAN 2010

Attendees

Present
Mike Edwards, (IBM)
Dieter Koenig, (IBM)
Martin Chapman, (Oracle Corporation)
Anish Karmarkar, (Oracle Corporation)
Ashok Malhotra, (Oracle Corporation)
Sanjay Patil, (SAP AG)
Danny van der Rijn, (TIBCO Software Inc.)
Chair
Sanjay Patil
Scribe
Anish Karmarkar
Agenda:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/201001/msg00007.html

Contents

Topics
[1]  Agenda bashing
[2]  Approval of minutes
[3]  AI review
[4]  potential ed item regarding constraining type
[5]  Schedule discussion
[6]  Testing
[7]  Issue 61
[8]  AI #117
[9]  issue 58
[10]  AOB
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:

Resolutions


Minutes

<Sanjay>
Agenda -
1. Roll Call
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/members/roster.php
2. Appointment of scribe
Scribe list attached below
3. Agenda bashing
4. Approval of 2010-01-07 minutes
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/201001/msg00001.html
5. Review of Action Items
#0109 Mike Edwards - Send instructions for running the Assembly tests
#0115 Mike Edwards - Prepare an updated version of the proposal for issue 58 (rewriting section 2.1.1 to remove the nested-if)
#0117 Danny - Create a new issue and a proposal for the 0..1 case (related to issue 53)
#0121 Anish - write proposal for Issue 61 to tie idempotency to the SCA Domain Configuration
6. New Issues
None
7. Schedule discussion
The liaison committee has asked for our best guess for finishing up the spec/tests. We have 3 open issues and 13 resolved issues for the spec. The TA document is done, but we don't have the tests yet. We need a schedule for: tests, PR for TA/tests and 2nd PR for the spec.
8. Testing
MikeE to send instructions for running the tests
Here is a rough break up of work for creating the test cases. More volunteers are appreciated.
Sanjay - SBL-TA-1001 to SBL-TA-2018
Anish - SBL-TA-3001 to SBL-TA-3026
9. Issue Discussion
a) Issue 58 - Need to add Capability to indicate that a PartnerLink should be ignored when introspecting the ComponentType of a BPEL process
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-58
Email discussion: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200909/msg00016.html
Awaiting a new proposal from MikeE based on 2009-10-29 concall discussions
b) Issue 61 - Need to deal with variable initialization not being idempotent
http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-61
RAISER: Danny van der Rijn
Proposal: none
Awaiting a new proposal from Anish
10. AOB
-----------------------------------------
Scribe list:
* Kand, Khanderao (Last scribed: 2009-07-23): 6
* Rowley, Mr Michael (Last scribed: 2009-08-06): 8
* Anish Karmarkar (Last scribed: 2009-10-15): 2
* Edwards, Mike (Last scribed: 2009-10-29): 1
* Koenig, Mr Dieter (Last scribed: 2009-11-05): 13
* Malhotra, Mr Ashok (Last scribed: 2009-11-12): 14
* Andrabi, Mr. Najeeb (Last scribed: 2009-11-19): 13
* Chapman, Dr Martin (Last scribed: 2009-12-10): 11
* Patil, Sanjay (Last scribed: 2009-12-17): 1
* van der Rijn, Danny (Last scribed: 2010-01-07): 12
<Mike Edwards>
Greetings, folks

Scribe: Anish Karmarkar

Agenda bashing

 
Agenda approved

Approval of minutes

 
Resolution: Approval of 2010-01-07 minutes located at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/201001/msg00001.html approved

AI review

 
#0109 Mike Edwards - Send instructions for running the Assembly tests
MikeE:
working on instructtions. should be done soon
 
#0115 Mike Edwards - Prepare an updated version of the proposal for issue 58 (rewriting section 2.1.1 to remove the nested-if)
MikeE:
this is taking more time than I thought as I mentioned last week
<Dieter Koenig>
 
#0117 Danny - Create a new issue and a proposal for the 0..1 case (related to issue 53)
 
still open
 
#0121 Anish - write proposal for Issue 61 to tie idempotency to the SCA Domain Configuration
 
done

potential ed item regarding constraining type

 
Dieter:
this is part of issue 60 resolution
Anish:
looks good to me

Schedule discussion

 
The liaison committee has asked for our best guess for finishing up the spec/tests. We have 3 open issues and 13 resolved issues for the spec. The TA document is done, but we don't have the tests yet. We need a schedule for: tests, PR for TA/tests and 2nd PR for the spec.
Sanjay:
3 open issues. Should be resolved soon. We are in good shape wrt the spec. The tasks are applying the resolution, and tests cases
 
... We could do the PRs for all the specs together
 
... main guestimate that we need to arrive at is how long it is going to take to create the test cases
 
... we have 50/60 assertions
Sanjay:
Mike has already done some fair amt of work
MikeE:
if you get ppl to sit down and focus on it and you have 2/3 folks then it can be done in about 2-3 weeks
 
... this is assuming that folks are working on it more or less full time
Sanjay:
so is 4 weeks a good estimate?
MikeE:
most time is spent in running/debuging tests. writing test is easy
Sanjay:
4 weeks to write and 3 weeks to review
 
... that takes us to march 11
Sanjay:
we'll need the applied resolutions before we start on testing
Dieter:
i can try and finish applying resolution by next week's call
 
Motion: editors to update the spec with all the resolutions till date
Anish:
we may have to update the test assertions depending on the pending resolutions
Sanjay:
we should set up time for TA
 
... for TA we should leave 2 weeks
 
Schedule --
 
writing tests - 4 weeks
 
reviewing tests - 3 weeks
 
updating spec (concurrently) - 1 week
 
test instructions (concurrently) - 1 week
 
TA update/review - 2 weeks
 
creation of next CDs/PR: should be ready by end of the 3 week review period
 
total time - 9/10 weeks
Sanjay:
so end of march or early april

Testing

sanjay:
not much to talk about it right now

Issue 61

 
 
 
The WS-BPEL specification requires that the variable initialization
logic in scopes that contain (or whose children contain) a start
activity use only idempotent functions in the from-spec. In an SCA
WS-BPEL Runtime, variables associated with SCA properties and
multi-valued reference are set by the runtime based on the configuration
of the containing composite. Therefore, the idempotency is guaranteed
only for a given SCA domain-level composite. The SCA Assembly
specification allows for a variety of implementation including ones that
allow dynamicity for the SCA domain-level composite. See Sections
10.7.1, 10.7.2, 10.8 and 10.9. For such runtimes, the properties and
muti-valued references may change with a change in the domain-level
composite.
<Mike Edwards>
+1 from me
danny:
need time to read this, since this was sent pretty late
danny:
minor objection to use of "runtime"
anish:
the proposal uses the term defined by the spec
mikeE:
no normative statements here, just helpful explanation, the proposed wordings seems fine to me
sanjay:
one part that is not clear to me is the 3rd sentence. Seems to conflict with the last sentence.
anish:
the guarantee is only wrt a given virtual domain-level composite
danny:
would like to see the wordings and may send comments. But don't see any red flags right now
 
61 will be resolved next week

AI #117

sanjay:
any estimate for this
danny:
can't give you an estimate right now

issue 58

anish:
mikeE mentioned last time that he might need help
 
anish volunteers
 
anish & mike will try and get the AI for issue 58 done by next week

AOB

 
no AOB
 
Meeting adjourned

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2010-01-14 at 09:04:56 GMT-8


Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe