OData TC meeting #74 Thursday Jun 5, 2014

Chairs: Ralf and Ram

Acting Chair: Ram

Chat transcript from room: odatatc
2014-06-05 0800-1000 PDT

1. Roll call

1.1 Members present

        Gerald Krause (SAP AG)
        Hubert Heijkers (IBM)
        John Willson (Individual)
        Mark Biamonte (Progress Software)
        Martin Zurmuehl (SAP AG)
        Matthew Borges (SAP AG) a.k.a. Matt
        Michael Pizzo (Microsoft) a.k.a. Mike
        Patrick Durusau (Individual)
        Ralf Handl (SAP AG)
        Ram Jeyaraman (Microsoft)
        Stefan Drees (Individual)
        Susan Malaika (IBM)

Quorum achieved. Details cf. normative attendance sheet for this meeting.

2. Approve agenda

Agenda approved as published.

3. Approve minutes from previous meeting(s)

3.1 Minutes from May 15-16, 2014 TC meeting (Face-to-face):

URL=Minutes of 2014-05-15 and 2014-05-16 Meeting#74

Minutes approved unchanged as published

4. Review action items

URL=Action item list

4.1 Action items due by June 6, 2014


5. Process issues

Updated list of errata issues for discussion:

Mike suggests progressing in sequence:

ODATA-682: Returning Results from Data Modification Requests - media resources and stream properties 
ODATA-678: Clarify delta responses with containment, OnDelete, or referential constraints 
ODATA-631: How do annotations that target entity sets work against singletons/containment? 
ODATA-688: DELETE requests to raw property values, media resources, and stream properties 
ODATA-689: Deep Insert and Media Entities 
ODATA-680: Clarify use of if-match with actions 
ODATA-684: Define what it means for an added property to conflict with an existing dynamic property 
ODATA-683: Clients should be prepared to deal with new derived types 
ODATA-681: What happens if an alias has the same name as an included namespace? 
ODATA-586: Allow 405 Method Not Allowed when attempting to delete a non-nullable value 
ODATA-679: 11.7.1, Example 78: OData-Version and OData-MaxVersion should be 4.0

All agree.

ODATA-682 is OPEN. Note: ODATA-682 is candidate for list of grouping motion to resolve as proposed later

All discuss ODATA-678 and the proposed resolution

Mike Pizzo: Services can omit tombstones for contained and dependent entities. Note that services must still return added/deleted links if a dependent property changes. If a link changes there must be a dependent property change.

All discuss status of the listed issues.


Hubert: I move to resolve ODATA-682, ODATA-678, ODATA-688, ODATA-689, ODATA-680, ODATA-684, ODATA-683, ODATA-681, ODATA-586 and ODATA-679 as proposed. Mike seconds

No objections, motion passes, unanimous consent

ODATA-631 being discussed

Mike: I move to resolve ODATA-631 as proposed. Ralf seconds

No objections, motion passes, unanimous consent

Mike Pizzo: Forward-looking Errata:

ODATA-686 being discussed

ODATA-685 being discussed

All: There is consensus that ODATA-685 should be addressed in the errata

Mike: I propose we address ODATA-685 by clarifying that a navpropbinding can appear under a containment navigation property, and that a target path may lead to a containment nav prop.

Hubert: I move to resolve ODATA-685 as per the amended proposal. Ralf seconds

No objections, motion passes, unanimous consent

Mike: I move to close ODATA-674 with no action, with the comment that it has been addressed by ODATA-685. Hubert seconds

No objections, motion passes, unanimous consent

ODATA-687 in discussion

Mike: Ideally we would say: services should not include a leading # for primitive types but clients should be prepared to handle primitive types with or without a leading #.

6. Next meeting planned for Jun, 12 2014


7. AOB


Meeting adjourned at 10:03 PDT