OData TC meeting #77 Thursday Jul 03, 2014

Acting chair: Ram

Chat transcript from room: odatatc
2014-07-03 0800-1000 PDT

1. Roll call

1.1 Members present

        Edmond Bourne (BlackBerry)
        Gerald Krause (SAP AG)
        John Willson (Individual)
        Ken Baclawski (Northeastern University)
        Martin Zurmuehl (SAP AG)
        Matthew Borges (SAP AG) a.k.a. Matt
        Michael Pizzo (Microsoft) a.k.a. Mike
        Ralf Handl (SAP AG)
        Ram Jeyaraman (Microsoft)
        Stefan Drees (Individual)
        Susan Malaika (IBM)
        Ted Jones (Red Hat)

Quorum achieved. Details cf. normative attendance sheet for this meeting.

2. Approve agenda

Agenda approved as published.

3. Approve minutes from previous meeting(s)

3.1 Minutes from June 12, 2014 TC meeting:

URL=from June 12, 2014 TC meeting#75

Minutes approved unchanged as published

3.2 Minutes from July 26, 2014 TC meeting:

URL=from June 26, 2014 TC meeting#76

Minutes approved unchanged as published

4. Review action items

URL=Action item list

4.1 Action items due by July 03, 2014

None

5. Process issues

5.1 OData v4 Errata issues in New or Open state:

Ralf: I move to resolve ODATA-707, ODATA-712, ODATA-713, and ODATA-716 as proposed.

Martin seconds

No objections and no more discussions, the motion carries ODATA-707, ODATA-712, ODATA-713, and ODATA-716 are now resolved as proposed.

5.1.1 ODATA-685 is already OPEN and RESOLVED

Mike summarizes the issue

ODATA-685 has already been resolved on June, 12

5.1.2 ODATA-707 is already OPEN

Mike summarizes the issue

Martin: Text is now: "Numeric values have a first-class representation in JSON but are not further distinguished, so they include an odata.type annotation unless their type is Double."

5.1.3 ODATA-712 is already OPEN

Mike summarizes the issue and this is ready for motion

5.1.4 ODATA-713 is OPEN

Mike summarizes the issue and this is ready for motion

5.1.5 ODATA-716 is OPEN

Mike summarizes that this issue is ready for resolution as well after Mike updates the proposal and Ralf has rolled back changes already made and not aligned with the proposed resolution as discussed during the meeting

Mike states the revised proposal: "Call out that If-Match only makes sense for operations on existing entities (update, delete). Doing a PUT/PATCH with no If-Match fails if the entity requires an ETag and already exists. Doing a PUT/PATCH with no If-Match can still be processed as an insert if the entity does not exist."

5.1.6 ODATA-631 is OPEN (noted in JIRA as applied)

Mike explains, that ODATA-700 clarifies the path syntax for the annotation element, ODATA-631 clarifies this for other elemnts (ie. non containment properties).

All discuss what parts shall be submitted to ISO and which will remain part of OASIS spec to keep eg. the vocabulary URLs stable and flexibly update the vocabularies in short cycles, as they are exactly designed to inject flexibility into the OData cosmos

All agree, that we will tackle ODATA-631 as part of OData v4.1

5.1.6.1 No other issues

5.2 OData v4 applied resolutions:

The TC is reviewing the application of the resolutions since last F2F meeting in a live shared document walk through

6. Next meeting planned for Jul, 10 2014

Agreed

7. AOB

Mike: I would like to acknowledge Ram Jeyaraman who was this week elected as an OASIS Distinguished Contributor based on his ability to introduce new work, his influence and visibility in the industry, his ability to build consensus, and his leadership and service.
Congratulations to Ram on this well-deserved recognition!

All acknowledge Rams achievements and congratulate him on the nomination

Meeting adjourned at 10:12 PDT