OData TC meeting #173 Thursday May 04, 2017

Acting chair: Ralf

Chat transcript from room: odatatc
2017-05-04 0800-1100 PDT

1. Roll call

1.1 Members present

    George Ericson (Dell)
    Gerald Krause (SAP SE)
    Hubert Heijkers (IBM)
    Mark Biamonte (Progress Software)
    Martin Zurmuehl (SAP SE)
    Michael Pizzo (IBM) a.k.a. Mike
    Ralf Handl (SAP SE)
    Ramesh Reddy (Red Hat)
    Stefan Hagen (Individual)

Quorum achieved. Details cf. normative attendance sheet for this meeting (event_id=43976).

Notes taken by all and subsequently edited for readability by Stefan.

2. Approve agenda

Agenda is approved unchanged as published.

3. Approve minutes from previous meeting(s)

3.1 Minutes from April 27, 2017 TC meeting #171

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/60644/odata-meeting-172_on-20170427-minutes.html

Minutes approved unchanged as published.

4. Review action items [Link to Action item list]

4.1 Action items due

None

5. V4.01

5.1 Document walkthrough

5.1.1 Part 1: Protocol

URL = https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/60437/odata-v4.01-wd02-part1-protocol-2017-04-05.docx

We continue with the Conformance chapter

All walk through the document, discuss and perform online changes during the meeting.

Stefan: Will try to offer a table variant (targeting non-normative) of progressing conformance level statement "Lists" (requirement levels make columns, requirements make rows) - similar to a feature matrix might ease implementer tasks (and cross checks for us).

Ralf: Walkthrough finished!

5.1.2 Part 2: URL Conventions

URL = https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/60438/odata-v4.01-wd02-part2-url-conventions-2017-04-05.docx

All walk through the document, discuss and perform online changes during the meeting.

Ralf: Good discussion on how the Entity Container resembles a complex type that has only navigation properties, George Ericson to open a Jira issue

Stopped at section 4.4 "Addressing References between Entities" for this meeting

Update after meeting - Issues has been created: ODATA-1070 - Clarify text related to Canonical URL

5.1.3 JSON Format

URL = https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/60365/odata-json-format-v4.01-wd02-2017-03-24.docx

Skipped

5.1.4 CSDL JSON Representation

URL = https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/60500/odata-csdl-json-v4.01-wd01-2017-04-10.docx

Skipped

5.1.5 CSDL XML Representation

URL = https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/60499/odata-csdl-xml-v4.01-wd02-2017-04-10.docx

Skipped

5.1.6 New in OData 4.01

URL = https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/60439/new-in-odata-v4.01-wd01-2017-04-05.docx

Skipped

6. Next meetings

6.2 Next Meeting on May 11, 2017, during 07:00-10:00 am PDT

George: Can't attend

Mike: Will moderate

Ralf: (16:00-19:00 CEST) one hour earlier and thus 3 hours decided during meeting.

6.2 Meeting after that on May 18, 2017, during 08:00-11:00 am PDT

Stefan: Travel

No objections.

7. AOB and wrap up

None

Meeting adjourned by chair.