OData TC meeting #197 Thursday November 30, 2017

Acting chair: Ralf

Chat transcript from room: odatatc
2017-11-30 0800-1000 PST

1. Roll call

1.1 Members present

    George Ericson (Dell)
    Gerald Krause (SAP SE)
    Hubert Heijkers (IBM)
    Mark Biamonte (Progress Software)
    Martin Zurmuehl (SAP SE)
    Matthew Borges (SAP SE) a.k.a. Matt
    Michael Pizzo (Microsoft) a.k.a. Mike
    Ralf Handl (SAP SE)
    Ramesh Reddy (Red Hat)
    Stefan Hagen (Individual)
    Ted Jones (Red Hat)

Quorum achieved. Details cf. normative attendance sheet for this meeting (event_id=44006).

Notes taken by all and subsequently edited for readability by Stefan.

2. Approve agenda

Mike: new issue for vocabularies: ODATA-1134 Add KeyAsSegment annotation term to core vocabulary

Ralf: Agenda approved with these changes

3. Approve minutes from previous meeting(s)

3.1 Minutes from November 16, 2017 TC meeting #196

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/62073/odata-meeting-196_on-20171116-minutes.html

Minutes approved unchanged as published.

4. Review action items [Link to Action item list]

4.1 Action items due

4.1.1 #0036 Register the OData- headers and preferences with IANA – Update from Mark Biamonte

Ralf: Documents have been reviewed by Robin Cover

Ralf: They (IANA) want a published spec, so wait for V4.01 to be approved as CS01

Ralf: SchemaVersion header no longer in V4.01 as we switched it to a query option, so it has to be removed from the header registration document

5. Committee Note on Repeatable Requests

Matt: Kindly asks, that the TC publishes this as a Committee Note as soon as possible, and make the content part of the standard later - this requires switching then mode to standards track

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/odata/download.php/49687/repeatable-requests-wd01-2013-06-25.docx

Matt: volunteers to update the document and make it ready for review

Matt: Rationale: want to get it into the open and known

5.1 Discuss next Steps

Mike: having a public review might draw more attention

Ralf: Consensus on publishing a Note Draft with public review

6. Committee Note on OData to OpenAPI Mapping

6.1 Document Walk-Through

6.1.1 Committee Note on OData to OpenAPI Mapping https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/61852/odata-openapi-v1.0-wd02-2017-10-20.docx

6.2 Next Steps

Walkthrough ended just before "Components", to be continued next week

7. Issues

Skipped

7.1 Vocabularies: APPLIED

Skipped

7.1.1 ODATA-1064 - Add ability to annotate collections to return only count and NextLink

Skipped

7.2 Vocabularies: NEW or OPEN

Skipped

7.2.1 ODATA-1132 - Propagation of NavigationRestrictions

Skipped

7.2.2 ODATA-1124 - Authorization vocabulary: KeyLocation - also allow cookie as value?

Skipped

7.2.3 ODATA-1121 - Extend FilterExpressionRestrictions with "MultiPredicate"

Skipped

7.2.4 ODATA-1067 - Consider ability to define computed default values

Skipped

7.2.5 ODATA-1005 - Make sure we have capabilities for all new 4.01 functionality

Skipped

7.2.6 ODATA-884 - Add term ErrorCodes to describe possible codes in error messages (public comment c201510e00019)

Skipped

8. Next meetings

Ralf:

Thursday December 07, 2017 during 8-10 am PST (17:00-19:00 CET)

Ralf: Topic will be to continue walkthrough where we stopped today in Committee Note on OData to OpenAPI Mapping.

9. AOB and wrap up

None

Meeting adjourned by chair.