OASIS Static Analysis Results Interchange Format (SARIF) TC Meeting #36 July 10, 2019

Acting chair: David Keaton

Chat transcript from room: sarif
From 2019-07-10 17:30 UTC until 19:30 UTC (planned)

  1. Opening Activities
    1. Opening comments (Co-Chair Keaton)
    2. Introduction of participants/roll call (Co-Chair Cartey)
      David Keaton      (Individual)              - Chair
      Henny Sipma       (Kestrel Technology)      - Voting Member
      Jim Kupsch        (SWAMP)                   - Voting Member
      Laurence Golding  (Microsoft)               - Voting Member
      Luke Cartey       (Semmle)                  - Chair
      Michael Fanning   (Microsoft)               - Voting Member
      Yekaterina O'Neil (Micro Focus)             - Voting Member
      Paul Anderson     (GrammaTech               - Voting Member
      
    3. Procedures for this meeting (Co-Chair Keaton)

      OASIS operates under Robert's Rules of Order with the additional stipulation that non-members are not allowed to participate because they have not signed the Intellectual Property Agreement.

    4. Approval of agenda (Co-Chair Keaton)
      Agenda for July 10, 2019
      MEETING OF OASIS SARIF TECHNICAL COMMITTEE
      
      Time
      09:30-11:30 PDT
      16:30-19:30 UTC
      
      Meeting Chat Location
      http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/sarif
      
      Meeting Audio and Screen Sharing
      https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_YTNkNWU1YzMtYTQyOS00NTAxLWJiOWUtZGFjZWQ2ZGQ3MWM2%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%2272f988bf-86f1-41af-91ab-2d7cd011db47%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2230165b06-8cc2-49da-938d-e00658ccc86a%22%7d
      
      1. Opening Activities
      1.1 Opening comments (Co-Chair Keaton)
      1.2 Introduction of participants/roll call (Co-Chair Cartey)
      1.3 Procedures for this meeting (Co-Chair Keaton)
      1.4 Approval of agenda (Co-Chair Keaton)
      1.5 Approval of previous minutes [Minutes of 2019-04-17 Meeting#35] (Co-Chair Keaton)
      1.6 Review of action items and resolutions (Secretary Meyer)
      1.7 Identification of SARIF TC voting members (Co-Chair Cartey)
      1.7.1 Prospective members attending their first meeting
      1.7.2 Members attaining voting rights at the end of this meeting
      1.7.3 Members losing voting rights if they have not joined this meeting by the time it ends
      1.7.4 Members who previously lost voting rights who are attending this meeting
      1.7.5 Members who have declared a leave of absence
      
      2. Timeline Status
      2.1 Note where we are on the schedule [SARIF TC Timeline] (Co-Chair Keaton)
               - Propose voting for OASIS Special Majority Vote to elevate the draft to Committee Specification
      
      3. Future Meetings
      3.1 Future meeting schedule (Co-Chair Keaton)
      From this point, meetings will be called if necessary. If all goes as expected, remaining business for SARIF v2.1.0 can be conducted by e-mail and e-ballots without meetings.
      
      4. Document Progress (Co-Editors Golding and Fanning)
      4.1 Editors' report
      4.2 Approval of changes
      Discuss the following items individually, then vote on them together unless someone would like to separate out an issue for individual vote.
      Schema Changes
      [sarif-schema-2.1.0.json]
      [sarif-external-property-file-schema-2.1.0.json]
      4.2.1 Missing "additionalProperties": false in schema, and missing object descriptions [#420]
      4.2.2 uri-reference format not supported in draft-04 [#421]
      Spec Changes
      [sarif-v2.1.0-committee-specification-change-barred.docx]
      [sarif-v2.1.0-committee-specification.docx]
      4.2.3 Ensure all GUIDs in format examples are invalid [#422]
      4.2.4 Ballot comments from Yekaterina: typo and alphabetized roles [#423]
      4.2.5 Fix mistake in originalUriBaseIds example [#425]
      4.2.6 Fix broken links [#426]
      4.2.7 §3.27.7: Fix obsolete mentions of "ruleDescriptorReference" [#427]
      4.2.8 Add missing constraint: result.ruleId == result.rule.id [#429]
      4.3 Any final items to discuss before Committee Specification
      4.4 Consider asking for OASIS Special Majority Vote to elevate the draft to Committee Specification
      
      5. Other Business
      
      6. Resolutions and Decisions reached (by 10 minutes prior to scheduled meeting end)
      6.1 End debate of other issues by 10 minutes prior to scheduled meeting end and follow the agenda from this point (Co-Chair Keaton)
      6.2 Review of Decisions Reached (Secretary Meyer)
      6.3 Review of Action Items (Secretary Meyer)
      
      7. Next Meeting
      For the remainder of the SARIF v2.1.0 process, meetings will be called only as needed. It is expected that we can conduct the remaining business for this version of SARIF by e-mail and e-ballots.
      
      8. Adjournment
      
    5. Approval of previous minutes [Minutes of 2018-12-12 Meeting#29] (Co-Chair Keaton)

      Motion to approve made and seconded.
      David: motion APPROVED

    6. Review of action items and resolutions (Secretary Meyer)

      No action items.
      No resolutions.

    7. Identification of SARIF TC voting members (Co-Chair Cartey)

      David: No known changes.

      1. Prospective members attending their first meeting
      2. Members attaining voting rights at the end of this meeting
      3. Members losing voting rights if they have not joined this meeting by the time it ends
      4. Members who previously lost voting rights who are attending this meeting
      5. Members who have declared a leave of absence
  2. Timeline Status
    1. Note where we are on the schedule [SARIF TC Timeline] (Co-Chair Keaton)

      Propose voting for OASIS Special Majority Vote to elevate the draft to Committee Specification

  3. Document Progress (Co-Editors Golding and Fanning)

    Michael moves to accept all editorial changes as non-material. Editorial changes are documented in this issue
    Paul Anderson seconds

    David Keaton queries all TC participants for agreement

    By roll call vote
    Paul agrees
    Luke agrees
    Michael agrees
    Larry agrees
    David agrees
    Jim agrees
    Chris Meyer is absent
    Katrina agrees
    Henny agrees

    All participants present agree, the vote is unanimous
    David: motion APPROVED

    Michael: Microsoft will deliver its statement of use in July

  4. Other Business

    Larry Golding: I move that the TC authorize the TC chair to notify the TC Administrator that the TC requests a Special Majority Vote for the advancement of the current draft as a Committee Specification, and to provide to the TC Administrator any other required information.
    Paul Anderson seconds the motion

    By roll call vote
    Paul agrees
    Luke agrees
    Michael agrees
    Larry agrees
    David agrees
    Jim agrees
    Chris Meyer is absent
    Katrina agrees
    Henny agrees

    All voting members present agree, the motion passes unanimously
    We will ask OASIS for a special majority vote

    1. Discussion

      Paul asks a general question on next steps
      Comments closed last week. We addressed the comments. Due to the presence of comments, we must wait a week to submit a ballot to move to committee specification
      That ballot will be open for seven days, once initiated
      After special majority vote, we have a committee specification
      After this, we collect statements of use
      This enables elevation to 'candidate oasis standard', after which there is a waiting period
      After this, we can elevate to OASIS standard. There are 30 and 60 day waiting period for these last two steps
      It would be useful to have Dee help us with press releases
      We should add SARIF items to the Wikipedia OASIS page
      David takes an action item to ask Chet whether OASIS will take point on the Wikipedia edit.

  5. Resolutions and Decisions reached (by 10 minutes prior to scheduled meeting end)
    1. End debate of other issues by 10 minutes prior to scheduled meeting end and follow the agenda from this point (Co-Chair Keaton)
    2. Review of Decisions Reached
      • We will add all proposed changes as non-material
      • We have requested a special majority vote to elevate to committee spec
    3. Review of Action Items (Secretary Meyer)
      • David has an action item to expand on future schedule by email, and to ask Chet about Wikipedia update
  6. Next Meeting

    Next meeting will only be as needed

  7. Adjournment

    Michael moves to adjourn
    Larry seconds
    David: No objections, motion to adjourn APPROVED