ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC
ebXML Registry will become
for the semantic web what web servers are to the web
Meeting Minutes : April 20 2004
||Carl Mattocks, John , Jeff Pollock, Nikola
Stojanovic, Evan Wallace, David Webber
|Minutes (just brief bullets not
full transcript )
Discuss significance of Ontological Reasoning for Semantic
Goal : -Understand significance of Ontological Reasoning
- Jeff Pollock lead discussion around use of Ontologies for
possible Semantic Web scenarios such as Dynamic Discovery of
- It was posited that 'Owl Ontologies' could be considered registry
objects that would be available to clients that perform 'reasoning'
- Members agreed that if 'RIM' could be presented as an 'OWL Model' it
should be possible to use it for navigation across all the underlying
object associations via a loose coupling.
- It was agreed that it would be good to know what kind of content is
stored in ebXMLRegistry today. Carl noted that the survey that he
planned to give members of the FreebxmlRegistry community could gather
that type of information.
|Decisions (bullet items) :
Feedback Document containing Use Cases
- Team agreed that the Use Cases in the feedback document may need to
be revised after the 'Ontological Reasoning use cases' are
produced. Thus distribution to liaision groups will be delayed
|Agenda Action Items / Issues (with owner, Due
- Jeff Pollock to produce Ontological Reasoning use cases
- Carl distribute draft 'user survey' for review.
Submitted by CarlMattocks@CHECKMi.com