HISC Minutes 2004-09-23 - 15:00UTC (11:00EDT/08:00PDT) - DRAFT

$Date: 2004/09/23 17:24:00 $(UTC)


Table of Contents

1. Roll call and quorum
2. Agenda
3. Minutes of the last meeting
4. Membership
5. Web site
6. Reports of standing committees
7. Outstanding action items
8. Agenda items
8.1. Standing agenda items
8.2. Running agenda items
9. Action items
10. Future meetings
11. Adjournment

1.  Roll call and quorum

The meeting began at 15:00UTC after waiting for members to arrive.

Voting members in attendance:

  • Stephen Green

  • G. Ken Holman (co-chair)

Voting members having sent regrets:

  • Fabio Arciniegas (co-chair)

  • Oriol Bausà-Peris

Observer members in attendance:

  • Ann Hendry

  • Ray Seddigh

2.  Agenda

The agenda was posted to the HISC document repository:

No new items were added to the agenda.

3.  Minutes of the last meeting

The minutes of the last meeting are posted at:

No one had any changes for the minutes so they were accepted as posted.

4.  Membership

Noted that Sue took herself off the subcommittee.

5.  Web site

The committee web site (which needs OASIS member password access) is at:

The public web site (no password required) is at:

6.  Reports of standing committees

No standing committees are formed at this time.

7.  Outstanding action items

20040722-Action1 - Initiate discussion on the list regarding customization/contextualization/extension problem - Fabio

  • no status

20040603-Action2 - bug list- Ken

  • the changes addressing CountrySubentity and CountrySubentityCode missed the CD2 deadline after Ken and other committee members missed their absence from the initial submission that was included for CD2, but made it into the final CD2 directory as an editorial amendment

  • item is now closed

8.  Agenda items

8.1.  Standing agenda items

None established at this time.

8.2.  Running agenda items

20040923-Agenda1 - form data input strategies - Ken

  • I've been approached recently regarding UBL suggested strategies for X-Forms data entry of instances of UBL

  • who is interested in this topic?

9.  Action items

20040923-Action1 - collect requirements and ideas on XForms-based input - Ken

  • Stephen has the concept of starting with the subset defined by UBL Lite and then building up on that should we have additional requirements

  • it would help this effort if we had more comprehensive examples to work with which could be used for analysis purposes (without being totally comprehensive of the entire UBL model)

  • also, we should determine which components of the UBL model are "needed" in a user interface, contrasting those components which are typically only back-end and not visible to the user

  • all interested parties are asked to please send their ideas to the HISC list for consideration

10.  Future meetings

The next teleconference is September 30, 2004. Ken cannot attend that one but may be able to chair the October 7, 2004 teleconference.

Remember we should be using the mail list for most of our discussion in order to keep the meetings short.

Please try to encourage new membership in the subcommittee ... we are talking about doing exciting things but we don't have the manpower to do much of it at all.

Expected absentees at next meeting:

  • Ken

  • Oriol

11.  Adjournment

The meeting ended after 30 minutes.