< Return to Calendar

* DocBook Publishers SC (Conference Call)
Name * DocBook Publishers SC (Conference Call)
Time Wednesday, 25 July 2012, 12:30pm to 01:30pm PDT
(Wednesday, 25 July 2012, 07:30pm to 08:30pm UTC)

Topic: OASIS DocBook Publishers SC
 Date: The 4th Wednesday of every 1 months, from Wednesday, July 25, 2012 to Wednesday, November 28, 2012
 Time: 1:30 pm, Mountain Daylight Time (Denver, GMT-06:00)
 Meeting Number: 746 487 287
 Meeting Password: DBPub1
 To start or join the online meeting
 Go to https://schneider-electric.webex.com/schneider-electric/j.php?ED=185513037&UID=495857607&PW=NNTE1ZTJiODZi&RT=MiM2
 Teleconference information
 Provide your phone number when you join the meeting to receive a call back. Alternatively, you can call:
 Call-in toll-free number (Verizon): 1-8669177712  (US)
 Call-in number (Verizon): 1-2107952663  (US)
 Show global numbers: https://wbbc.verizonbusiness.com/wbbcClick2Join/servlet/WBBCClick2Join?TollNumCC=1&TollNum=2107952663&TollFreeNumCC=1&TollFreeNum=8669177712&ParticipantCode=75215950&customHeader=mymeetings&dialInNumbers=true
 Host access code: 153 029 29
 Attendee access code: 752 159 50
 For assistance
 1. Go to https://schneider-electric.webex.com/schneider-electric/mc
 2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".
 To add this meeting to your calendar program (for example Microsoft Outlook), click this link:
 To check whether you have the appropriate players installed for UCF (Universal Communications Format) rich media files, go to https://schneider-electric.webex.com/schneider-electric/systemdiagnosis.php
 We've got to start meeting like this(TM)
 IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. You should inform all meeting attendees prior to recording if you intend to record the meeting. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.



  1. Roll call
    1. ​Nic Gibson
    2. Jason Zech 
    3. Nathalie Sequiera
    4. Scott Hudson
  2. Next meeting: 22 Aug 2012
  3. Review of the agenda
  4. Review of open action items
    1. Nic to create the draft spec  [draft started. CONTINUE. Plan to address in next week]
    2. Need everyone to test publishers samples on sourceforge with the stylesheets contributed by Nic Gibson. [Nic tested - partially adequate, but need Dublin Core added. Nic has strategy for this.]
      [Scott tested - had to remove namespace prefixes off of templates. Some path issues]
      [Jason to test; all to provide feedback via the mailing list]
  5. Table Accessibility update 
    scope - definitely needed
    header+id - waiting for feedback from WCAG Working Group, Detlev Fischer; HTML5 includes both. ALL approve HTML5 approach to include it.
    colspec and rowheader - need to clarify precedence, but need both.
    caption - can we rely on it? Is this part of CALS or Exchange, or an error due to including HTML? Would prefer to leave caption in so that summary can be handled.

    VOTE: Unanimously approve proposal as laid out above. Submit a formal model request to TC for DocBook 5.1 and DocBook Publishers.
    ACTION: Nic to attend 15 Aug TC meeting to report on the subcommittee progress and table model proposal, since Scott will be unavailable.
    suggest: <! ENTITY % tbl.entry.scope "scope (row|col|rowgroup|colgroup)  #IMPLIED">

  6. Questions regarding this specification:
    1) What version number do we plan to give this? DocBook Publishers v1.1
    2) Are we planning to require a proper version number this time around? "5.1-variant publishers-1.1"
    3) Are we basing this on DocBook 5.1? YES
    4) If so, is DocBook 5.1 now stable enough to base it on? YES
    5) Also, if so, do we wait until DocBook 5.1 is released to finalise this spec? FOLLOW UP WITH OASIS TC ADMIN
    6) Do we have a list of RFEs that have been accepted into DocBook Publishers v.next? Sourceforge (see link below)

  7. Specification Draft status 
    Nic to create draft next week. Draft will be published in sourceforge by Aug 3.

  8. Review of Requests for Enhancement
    Nathalie to rename HTML Table request
    Stage direction element for drama? Nic to send suggestion to the list.
    Close acceptance of RFEs as of 3 Aug 2012.

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):



The DocBook SC for Publishers uses the #dbpub IRC channel on
irc.freenode.org.  The IRC channel is used for exchanging
URIs, providing out-of-band comments, and other aspects
of the teleconference, so please join us there if at
all possible.



  1. Roll call
  2. Next meeting: 22 Aug 2012
  3. Review of the agenda
  4. Review of open action items
    1. Nic to create the draft spec  
    2. Need everyone to test publishers samples on sourceforge with the stylesheets contributed by Nic Gibson. 
  5. Table Accessibility update 

  6. Specification Draft status 

  7. Review of Requests for Enhancement

    To browse a specific RFE, enter the URL (on one line):


Submitter Mr. Scott Hudson
GroupDocBook Publishers SC
Access This event is visible to DocBook Publishers SC and shared with
  • OASIS Open (General Membership)
  • General Public
  • OASIS DocBook TC