UBL LCSC Minutes
Tuesday - 17 September 2002
Attendees: Bill Meadows, Tim McGrath, Lisa Seaburg, Sue Probert, Mike Adcock, Debbie Quezadaz, Terry Schager, Monica Martin.
1. Welcome from the Chair and appointment to take minutes. - Monica Martin volunteered.
2. Minutes accepted from last week.
3. Release 0p65 package: Discussion.
- 2.V.0.65 package: Reviewed 0.65 package release - Comments internal from Bill Burcham and Monica J. Martin. Awaiting comments from liaisons. May be waiting for last due date of 25 September.
- XML instance document and XSLT: McGrath has completed a XML sample instance document was created and XSLT transformation stylesheet completed – still working out some bugs. Issue occurred with using other than Explorer. Lisa suggested we post on the web site with a description but not provide as a part of the package. Need to get business examples.
- Order response document: Problem identified with Response ID in Order Response document. Solution found to make the XML valid. However, some design issues still exist.
4. Methodology and containerships -
- Containership: McGrath will distribute the position paper this week. Dedicate part of F2F session to finalize this position paper.
- Lisa will create area on webpage to put the submissions of supplementary documents for the 0p65 release.
- Monica will assist Lisa with disposing and packaging of comments on 0.65 package release.
- Tim will send out an email to ask liaisons to provide samples to be placed on the web page with a pointer for the sample document. The next liaison meeting will be the F2F.
5. Future Work Plan
- Plenary agenda: Distributed. Morning: individual subcommittees; Afternoon: Joint sessions. Teleconferences will be set up for remote participants. Call-in participants: Martin, Terry S (uncertain), Bill Meadows (uncertain), others TBD
- Invoice: Mike Adcock has user input for an invoice with header and summary detail, taken from the xCBL material. He worked through the work, and found that the header needed additional lines to incorporate additional dates and references in the order, dispatch advice etc. The summary review was based on the regulatory requirements internationally, such as those in the UK. He added a few reusable types in a spreadsheet. Sue noted that the business process context will filter out what items will include the relationship to the associated order. He will retrofit a UML model.
- Other: Bob Glushko has two students using UBL into a business vertical (includes travel and accommodations and credit card services). Their report assesses how UBL works and provides some lessons learned. McGrath felt some of the analysis came to the wrong conclusions. However, the report will be placed on the web site.
- EWG/UNCEFACT Comments: With new reorganization, we may not provide formal comments on V.0.65 package. Sue is officially the liaison to UBL from TBG. Draft V.1.85 CCTS and evolving methodology in LCSC will make the next version (post V0.65) important to get inputs from UN/CEFACT and domain experts. Ask for input from EWG for quality assessment. Encourage domain groups to be part of assessment process.
Next Meeting - Next Tuesday, 24 September 2002, 8 a.m. PDT. same phone number and time.