at the annual IAEM Conference & EMEX Exhibition
26 October-1 November 2012
Rosen Centre Hotel & Orange County Convention Center
Orlando, Florida, USA
Expected audience = 2,500 ppl
OVERVIEW: The OASIS Emergency Interoperability Member Section plans to organize another “Emergency Standards Round-up” on the exhibit floor of the Emergency Management & Homeland Security Expo (EMEX), held in conjunction with the annual conference of the International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM). This “Round-up” is designed to highlight companies showcasing applications and tools in support of the OASIS Emergency Data Exchange Language (EDXL) suite of standards, and to provide those companies with additional visibility during the event.
Interested participants should contact Jane Harnad or download and complete the Participation Form.
PARTICIPATION CRITERIA: Participants must meet these three eligibility requirements:
- provide products or services that support the
OASIS Emergency Management Standards, including
CAP, EDXL-DE, EDXL-TEP, EDXL-SitRep, EDXL-HAVE, and/or EDXL-RM;
- be members of OASIS or non-members who have not participated in a previous
OASIS EDXL Round-ups (details on joining OASIS may be found online);
- and secure their own EMEX booth space (details on reserving exhibit
space may be found on the EMEX website)
ROUNDUP FORMAT: An OASIS booth, stationed on the show floor (booth #231), will focus on “Round-up” promotion. EMEX attendees will be encouraged to begin their “Round-up” experience at the OASIS booth, where they will be handed a “Round-up Booklet” listing information about all of the participating companies. OASIS staff will encourage visitors to stop by all the participating companies’ booths to view EDXL demos. Participating companies will receive an ample supply of raffle tickets for daily OASIS EDXL give-aways (e.g., an iPad or comparable item) and a sign to indicate they are part of the Round-up. Companies may give a raffle ticket to each person who attends a demo in their booth. Attendees should be instructed to bring the raffle tickets back to the OASIS Round-up booth at the end of the day for the drawing. (The more demos they attend, the more tickets they will receive, and the greater their chances of winning.) Raffle drawings will take place at the end of day one and day two in the OASIS booth. All leads collected in the OASIS Booth will be provided to all Round-up Participants. OASIS will work with IAEM to promote the Round-up to the conference attendees, as well as seek other ways to elevate our visibility.
PARTICIPANT FEE & BENEFITS: No participation fee for OASIS members (FREE). A participation fee of 600 USD (non-members) will be allocated to cover the costs associated with the Round-up. Each confirmed participant will receive all the benefits outlined below.
- Dedicated marketing onsite support from an OASIS staff member
- Logo placement on the IAEM/EMEX attendee announcement card (distributed to IAEM attendees)
- Company logo & booth # on Round-up signage in the OASIS booth
- Option to include company collateral in the OASIS booth
- Company logo & brief company overview in the “Round-up Booklet” (booklet will include a map of participating booth locations)
- Give-away daily raffle tickets, to be distributed to at your booth location
- Access to the OASIS booth attendee list (after the event)