The program committee invites you to submit a proposal for a talk, panel session or tutorial that addresses the future of XML vocabularies. The program committee may adapt or restructure proposals submitted to ensure an interesting and technically compelling program.
- Talks should be 40 minutes in length, including question and answer time. All presentations will be grouped into sessions with related topics and will end with a question-and-answer session directed to the presenters. All talks will be chaired by a member of the program committee.
- Panel sessions should be 60 minutes in length, including question and answer time. Proposals for panels should include the topic, 3-to-4 potential panelists (name and/or role) and proposed format (e.g. Q&A, short presentations). All panel sessions will be be moderated.
- Tutorials should be submitted to accommodate a half-day format. Tutorial proposals should state intended audience and learning objectives.
OASIS will publish the proceedings of the Symposium. Authors/presenters should arrange for any necessary releases for publication prior to submission of their proposal. Please note the materials deadline below for all accepted submission.
All proposals MUST be submitted using the enclosed online form and will be acknowledged.
Presentation Slides and Tutorial Handouts - Due 4 April 2005
Presentation slides and tutorial handouts are REQUIRED by 4 April from all selected speakers.
Speaker substitutions are not permitted, except in the case of an emergency and are subject to program committee approval.
Registration for Accepted Speakers
All selected speakers will receive a free registration to the Symposium on 25-26 April 2005.
Dates to Remember
Proposals Due -- 12 January 2005
Notification Begins -- 20 January 2005
Presenter Slides and Tutorial Handouts Due -- 4 April 2005
Symposium Dates -- 24-26 April 2005
The Program Committee is the OASIS Technical Advisory Board (TAB).
- William Cox, Individual Member (co-chair)
- Chris Ferris, IBM Corporation
- Eduardo Gutentag, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
- Tim Moses, Entrust
- Pete Wenzel, SeeBeyond
- Jacques Durand, Fujitsu
- Jishnu Mukerji, HP (co-chair)
- Mike Mahan, Nokia
- Timothy Stevens, LexisNexis
For further information, comments, and questions, send email to email@example.com.
Marketing/promotional presentations will not be considered for the Symposium. The proposals must be submitted online in the requested format and must be original work of professional quality.
Additional Frequently Asked Questions
Please review our list of FAQ.
SUBMIT PROPOSAL NOW!