The highly respected, global standard body, OASIS Open, is at the forefront of evolution and innovation in the open source and standards worlds is seeking an Executive Director. OASIS holds a standards portfolio that touches most people’s lives every day. We’ve recently launched a first-of-its-kind program to support community development of open source projects paving our way to recognition in international policy and procurement. The ideal Executive Director is a highly motivated, innovative individual with the passion, vision and experience to lead our organization into new opportunities, enhancing our core services while remaining true to our culture of respect and our philosophy of openness and transparency.
In this role, you will work on a team of creative, interesting, talented people and help drive a broad technical agenda that encompasses cybersecurity, privacy, blockchain, cryptography, cloud computing, IoT, legal, emergency management, urban transportation, and more.
Success in this role will be known by growth in new communities and community members; retention of existing communities and community members and increased awareness and adoption of community developed Standards, Specifications and OS technologies.
Grow and sustain the OASIS communities.
- Develop and nurture member relationships. Continually deliver and refine compelling membership benefits that drive more engaged participation.
- Fuel sense of pride within the OASIS community. Help ensure participants understand the value of continued membership and sponsorship, celebrate group achievements and progress.
- Assess and enhance collaboration tools and practices in cooperation with our Chief Technology Steward to ensure our services meet or exceed member expectations. Be aware of methods in use at related associations.
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial working relationships with organizations that have related goals, including ISO, IEC, ITU, The Linux Foundation, Eclipse, Apache, HL7, and others.
Attract and build new communities.
- Secure new projects. Identify opportunities that are in keeping with the mission of OASIS and may realistically be achieved via available resources. Conduct high-level outreach to prospects. Leverage and expand your professional network.
- Serve as primary spokesperson, representing OASIS and our hosted projects in external relations with the technology community, press and analysts, and the public and private sectors.
- Maintain a strong online presence by blogging, tweeting, and posting on topics and issues of interest to the OASIS community.
- Oversee outreach and promotional campaigns in cooperation with Chief Development Officer.
Run the business
- Build a Sustainable Revenue Strategy: Develop and work with the head of business development and COO to bring, build and maintain long-term plans for revenues, including sales, sponsorships and grants, that sustains the organization. Possess thorough understanding of organization’s finances, accounting practices, and required record keeping.
- Provide information to the Board of Directors to assist them in making decisions on policy setting and other matters necessary to fulfill their responsibilities to the organization. Report on financial status, funding projections, planning, project operations, employee matters, and the long-term health of OASIS.
- Maintain and adapt the organizational structure, systems, and tools necessary for OASIS to carry out its mission.
- Implement consistent measures for tracking results and determining success in meeting organizational goals.
- Oversee all staff hiring, termination, and other personnel-related matters.
- Passion and belief that standards and open source are critical for the successful development of technology and advancement of society.
- Strong technical proficiency and experience in open source and standards communities.
- Experience and passion for working in the technology and nonprofit sectors.
- Ability to engage and work effectively in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds, regions, and cultures.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to supervise and motivate staff.
- Proven track record setting and achieving strategic objectives.
- At least five years of executive leadership, entrepreneurial, or relevant experience.
- Successful track record of running an organization of comparable size and complexity.
- Experience reporting to and working with an avid and engaged Board of Directors.
- Persuasive, passionate, and professional communicator, both written and oral.
- Self-motivated, consensus-building attitude.
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a remote team
- Ability to work within a budget.
- Willing to travel as required to support the role, including to OASIS offices/staff locations, Board meetings, and relevant industry conferences/events.
- B.A. or B.S degree or comparable industry experience.
Working at OASIS
OASIS supports members throughout the world with a small but mighty staff of smart, spirited collaborators, most working remotely. We provide a fun, inclusive culture where everyone’s ideas are respected and everyone’s contributions count. If you’re looking for a place where you’ll make a difference in the outcome, this is it.
To apply for this job
Send email to email@example.com.