Categories and Dues
OASIS offers a range of membership categories and dues designed to ensure that all those affected by open standards have a voice in their creation. Choose the membership category that best meets your needs:
- Contributor provides unlimited Committee participation.
- Sponsor adds visibility and marketing benefits to unlimited Committee participation.
- Foundational Sponsor packages the highest visibility, marketing benefits, and your choice of Premium sponsorships with unlimited Committee participation.
For a quick comparison of categories, see the Benefits Matrix.
To join as a Contributor, Sponsor, or Foundational Sponsor, submit the Membership Agreement.
Personal membership is also available for self-employed or unemployed individuals.
Annual Dues (USD)
|Organization type / size||Foundational||Sponsor||Contributor|
|Company employing more than 500 people||50,000||17,650||8,825|
|Company employing 100 - 500 people||48,000||15,450||8,275|
|Company employing 10 - 99 people||46,000||13,250||7,275|
|Company employing fewer than 10 employees||46,000||10,475||3,520|
|Academic Institution or Association||44,000||11,025||1,210|
|National government agency from OECD member country||44,000||11,025||*|
|National government agency from non-OECD member country||44,000||11,025||1,210|
|Local government agency||44,000||11,025||1,210|
* Contributor-level dues for national government agencies from OECD member countries are based on the number of employees and correspond to the dues categories for companies.
Contributor membership was designed to enable organizations (particularly small government agencies, academics, and non-profit associations) to participate fully in Committee work. Vendors are free to choose this category of membership with the understanding that no marketing or visibility benefits are included.
You should join OASIS as a Contributor if you represent:
- a user company with a need to monitor standards development and learn about standards implementation relative to core business goals
- a startup or consultancy seeking to expand market position through standards expertise
- a local or small government agency wishing to reduce the risk in recommending new technology
- a non-profit industry group, trade association, or standards-setting body coordinating domain efforts with foundational work
- a university or research center applying academic resources to influence technology
- an organization that does not require public recognition in OASIS promotional materials, press releases, newsletters, web sites, conferences, exhibitions, and other events.
Sponsor membership provides the full range of benefits that vendors (of all sizes), large user organizations, and government agencies need. The Sponsor category combines unlimited Committee participation with essential marketing and visibility benefits. Sponsors are featured and quoted in OASIS press releases, they participate in interoperability demos, workshops, webinars, and presentations at conferences, their logos and links appear throughout the OASIS web site--they support the adoption activities that grow the market for standards-compliant products. See the Benefits Matrix for details.
You should join OASIS as a Sponsor if you represent:
- a software vendor providing products or services based on standards
- a large user or implementer of standards-compliant software seeking to influence and shape standards development to ensure business requirements are met and staff stay informed of key developments
- a national government agency wanting to ensure interoperability
- a company wishing to make connections for potential merger or acquisition opportunities
- any organization that finds value in having its contributions to open standards publicly recognized in OASIS promotional materials
Demonstrating the highest level of commitment to open standards, Foundational Sponsors are globally recognized as industry leaders and innovators. Their support is critical in advancing the adoption of open standards and enabling the consortium to fulfill its mission. Foundational Sponsors receive maximum participation, visibility, and promotional benefits including their choice of two Premium Sponsorships.
You should join OASIS as a Foundational Sponsor if you represent:
- a recognized industry leader committed to open standards development and adoption
- a serious stake-holder in the mission of OASIS and/or an OASIS Member Section
- an organization committed to providing objective information on standards to the public through support of OASIS events
OASIS also offers membership to individuals who are self-employed, unemployed, or employed by organizations unable to join OASIS.
Participation privileges are limited to Committee work. Individual members do not receive marketing or visibility benefits, and they are not eligible to vote on OASIS Standards or elections for the Board of Directors. Membership is held by the named person only and cannot be transferred.
You may apply for a personal "Individual" membership if you:
- are self-employed or unemployed and
- sign the OASIS Membership Agreement on your own behalf and
- are legally able to directly license your own Intellectual Property as required by the IPR Policy and TC Process (i.e., you have not assigned your IPR to an employer or other legal entity)
Individual dues are 325 USD/year. To join, submit the OASIS Membership Agreement [Individual].
You may apply for a personal "Individual/Associate" membership if you:
- are employed by an organization that is willing to sign the OASIS Membership Agreement and be bound by the Policies of OASIS and
- are employed by an organization that has no other employees participating in OASIS
Individual/Associate dues are 1,315 USD/year. To join, submit the OASIS Membership Agreement [Individual/Associate].
Note: In order to comply with the OASIS IPR Policy, the Individual/Associate Membership Agreement must be signed by your employer; however, the benefits of membership extend only to you personally (not to your employer) and are non-transferable.
Contact OASIS staff to discuss the category of membership that best meets your needs.