Forming a Member Section
The OASIS Member Section Program offers a unique advantage for independent groups interested in advancing and promoting the intelligent use of open standards.
OASIS Member Sections maintain their own identities as distinct organizations while gaining access to OASIS infrastructure, resources, reputation, administrative support, and expertise. The program is designed to meet the needs of groups interested in creating open standards, as well as those seeking to articulate business requirements, promote adoption of existing standards, or advocate for interoperable solutions.
Benefits of the program:
- You remain focused on your work agenda, free from the administrative, legal, financial, and promotional distractions of running a consortium.
- Your members become eligible to participate in any OASIS Committee.
- Existing OASIS members become eligible to participate in your work.
- You take advantage of the OASIS open process for creating standards and other community consensus documents.
- You form valuable liaison relationships with related work at OASIS and other organizations.
- You may choose to advance your work through the OASIS Standard ratification process and potentially gain ratification by de jure standards bodies such as ISO, IEC, and ITU.
- Your members can work under the protection and clarity of the widely accepted OASIS Membership Agreement and IPR Policy—without the burden of another set of rules to examine.
OASIS provides a wide range of services to enable the efficient operation of all Member Sections. Items listed below in black indicate core services provided by OASIS staff and funded from the OASIS general operating budget. Items listed in purple signify special services or activities that are funded by registration fees, sponsorship fees, donations, grants, transferred assets (from external groups that form or join the Member Section) or dues allocations.
|Services and Activities|
|Promotion / Collateral||