#DITA Version 1.3 Committee Specification 01 is published
OASIS is pleased to announce the approval and publication of a new Committee Specification by the members of the OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC:
Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) Version 1.3
OASIS Committee Specification 01
21 August 2015
The Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) 1.3 specification defines both a) a set of document types for authoring and organizing topic-oriented information; and b) a set of mechanisms for combining, extending, and constraining document types.
This release of DITA comes in three parts called Editions, optimized for different audiences:
- The Base Edition is designed for application developers and users who need only the most fundamental pieces of the DITA framework.
- The Technical Content Edition includes specializations usually used by technical communicators.
- The All Inclusive Edition is the largest edition. It is designed for implementers who want all OASIS-approved specializations, as well as users who develop learning and training materials.
The purpose of the OASIS DITA Technical Committee (TC) is to define and maintain the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) and to promote the use of the architecture for creating standard information types and domain-specific markup vocabularies.
DITA is specializable, which allows for the introduction of specific semantics for specific purposes without increasing the size of other XML grammar files, and which allows the inheritance of shared design and behavior and interchangeability with unspecialized content.
The prose specifications and related files are available here:
- Part 0: Overview
- Part 1: Base Edition
- Part 2: Technical Content Edition
- Part 3: All-Inclusive Edition
Distribution ZIP file
For your convenience, OASIS provides a complete package of the prose specification and related files in a ZIP distribution file. You can download the ZIP file here:
Members of the OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC  approved this specification by Special Majority Vote. The specification had been released for public review as required by the TC Process . The vote to approve as a Committee Specification passed , and the document is now available online in the OASIS Library as referenced above.
Our congratulations to the TC on achieving this milestone and our thanks to the reviewers who provided feedback on the specification drafts to help improve the quality of the work.
========== Additional references:
 OASIS Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) TC
 Public reviews:
- 30-day public review, 09 July 2015: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/201507/msg00003.html
- Comment resolution log: http://docs.oasis-open.org/dita/dita/v1.3/csprd01/dita-v1.3-csprd01-comm...
 Approval ballot: