dita message

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 19 July 2022 uploaded

Submitter's message
ActionItems:
1. Kris will put 'addition of steptroubleshooting to the machinery task' on list of bug fixes for 2.0.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 19 July 2022
Recorded by Hancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:
https://wiki.OASIS-open.org/dita/PreviousAgendas

Attendance:
===========
Robert Anderson, Carsten Brennecke, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Nancy Harrison, Gershon Joseph, Eliot Kimber, Dawn Stevens, Chris Trenkamp, Jim Tivy

Business
========

1. Roll call
Regrets: Keith Schengili-Roberts, Frank Wegmann, Bill Burns

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202207/msg00015.html (Harrison, 18 July 2022)
moved by Kris, 2nd by Dawn, approved by TC

3. Use of example in 2.0
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202207/msg00013.html (Stevens, 15 July 2022)
- Dawn; is this working as intended? The example element is in more places than it used to be; our clients put an example in the middle of a concept and wanted to follow it by a paragraph, but they can't do that. We can fix the problem, but we were wondering about it.
- Robert; it's working as expected, but it doesn't have to work that way. The rule is that once you have example, only another example can follow it. We could get rid of that rule, or could say once you're in a section, it has to stay a section. So we could change it, but it would be backwards-incompatible.
- Dawn; this was more a clarification question, don't think I want to do something that would require migration.
- Kris; migration would only be required if we kept the current restriction. Looking at Dawn's markup, it looks very natural.
- Robert; if we got rid of the current rule, you could use it the way you meant to.
- Gershon; I'd rather keep things the way they are, if I want to mix and match, I can do that.
- Robert; example has always been a base element.
- Eliot; what changed for 2.0?
- Robert; as a base element, it was only allowed in body; now it's allowed in other places.
- Eliot; but if you want to allow exmple followed by section, what's the result?
- Kris; if we relax that restriction, there's nothing special about concept.
- Gershon; I'd rather not do that; I'd rather keep concept as it's own thing.
- Dawn; I agree with that. If you want to put a section, should be followed by section. The client was thinking of example like a paragraph.
- Gershon; if we could do that, we'd be essentially changing example from section-type element, to p with a title.
- Kris; we'd need to create a new example that would be block level.
- Dawn; no need; I just wanted clarification.
- Kris; it was a good one, it shows we didn't fully tease out all of this. are you comfortable leaving this as is?
- Dawn; yes, I am.
[concensus is yes]

4. Tasktroubleshooting and machinery task
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202207/msg00012.html (Stevens, 15 July 2022)
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202207/msg00014.html (Eberlein, 16 July 2022)
- Dawn; steptroubleshooting isn't in the machinery task; is this just an oversight?
- Kris; yes.
- Dawn; should we fix it at 2.0?
- Kris; I think we certainly should do that and treat it as a bug fix. any objections?
[none]
***ActionItem; Kris will put this on list of bug fixes for 2.0.
Dawn; I can probably sign up for this.

5. Review O: Accessibility
Opening of review: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202206/msg00033.html (Eberlein, 14 June 2022)
Important: Specific requirements for how reviewers should enter review comments in Content Fusion
Any updates?
Comments assigned to Robert
New topic content to be drafted by Keith
- Kris; any updates?
- Robert; no, will try to work on it this week

6. Review of DITA 2.0 proposal deadlines
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/DeadlinesDITA2.0
- Kris; Robert, any movement on proposal #670?
- Robert; none; will try to get that out today
- Kris; we do have stage 3 proposal for #647 on agenda today, and I also expect to spend time on #15 (loosening @ specialization rules); I'm targetting Friday for sending it back to reviewers; I do have a question for Eliot.
- Eliot; I haven't been able to get back to you to answer that question.

7. DITA 2.0 stage three proposals
Vote
None
Continuing discussion
None
Initial discussion
Issue #647: Remove classification domain and add new attribute
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202207/msg00009.html (Eberlein, 13 July 2022)
- Kris; this proposal is to remove class domain and class map and replace them with a new 'subjectrefs' @, which cascades; values are keys defined in a subjectScheme map. The changes to the proposal since TC last saw it are:
1. no changes to grammar files
2. removed note athat said 'this @ has no meaning if it's defined on a key definition that does not reference a resource
3. changes in wording to increase precision
4. additional topic to be added to spec, TBD by Eliot; hasn't been edited so it probably will be
5. key thing, added explicit paragraph that states DITA 2.0 spec doesn't specify processing expectations, but TC expects to do so later.
- Kris; any commets from reviewers?
- Eliot; chose to not say anything at all about resolution?
- Kris; we want to leave door open to do something with this for 2.1; we don't want to do anything to rule it out. Any comments, question, objections to vote next week?
[none, vote next week]

8. Action items
[updates only; see agenda for complete list]
15 February 2022:
Eliot: Develop example for using object element for an iFrame
- Kris; any updates? Eliot?
- Eliot; no, I'll try to get to it next week.
07 June 2022:
Kris: Sent draft of e-mail to dita-users to list
- Kris; I haven't yet polished the draft email, so I need to do that.
Scott and Eliot: See what other ServiceNow folks would be interested in being DITA TC members
- Kris; any progress
- Eliot; that's really been scott's action
- Kris; i'll change that to be scott's
28 June 2022:
Kris: Consider where to document the caveat re: hyphens not underscores in OASIS filename
- Kris; still thinking about what to put this.

9. Volunteer tasks
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/dita/volunteerTasks
- Kris; Nancy?
- Nancy; I'll work on minutes this week, other stuff will have to wait till after vacation.
- Kris; Eliot, what about your items?
- Eliot; they're on my list to work on
- Kris; Dawn; any work on changes?
- Dawn; working on it, nothing ready yet
- Kris; just checking in.
- Dawn; if i don't have anything to report in a week or 2, will give myself a deadline.
- Kris; we have github action items, need to get started on these, will need to get volunteers to update the specializations, and better if those volunteers aren't me or Robert or Eliot.

10. Announcements
Nancy out next 3 weeks (Dana will cover minutes); Robert out next week.

11:30 AM ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 19 July 2022

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison