dita message

Subject: DITA 2.0 spec and generalization

Folks, one thing we need to think about is what we would ideally say about generalization in the DITA 2.0 spec. (I say “ideally,” because I know that resource constraints might prevent us from being able to do this work.)

Robert, Eliot, and I are all unhappy with the current content, so I want to open conversation here.

Besides asking people to look at this content, I want to ask people “What you think about generalization or talk to people about it, what is most critical?”

You can look either at the 1.3 spec or the latest DITA 2.0 draft spec:

Best,

Kris

Kristen James Eberlein
Chair, OASIS DITA Technical Committee
Owner, Eberlein Consulting LLC
kris@eberleinconsulting.com

Skype: kriseberlein; voice: +1 (919) 622-1501