dita message

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 18 July 2023 uploaded

Submitter's message
ActionItems:
1. Dawn will check with Brianna on extent to which she's updated L&T for 2.0.
2. Scott and Eliot will start to update L&T files to work with 2.0 base.
3. Eliot will respond to dita-comment item on L&T from 24 May 2023.
4. Eliot will respond to dita-comment item on getting the latest draft spec, from 14 June 2023.

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 18 July 2023
Recorded by Hancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:
https://wiki.OASIS-open.org/dita/PreviousAgendas

Attendance:
===========
Robert Anderson, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Nancy Harrison, Scott Hudson, Eliot Kimber, Zoe Lawson, Dawn Stevens, Frank Wegmann, Christina Rothwell, Leroy Steinbacher

Business
========

1. Roll call
Regrets: none

2. Approve minutes from previous business meeting:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita/202307/msg00002.html (Harrison, 15 July 2023)
moved by Kris, 2nd by Scott, approved by TC

3. Announcements
- Christina will be joining as voting member as of next week.

4. Action items and volunteer tasks
[updates only; see agenda for complete list]
Eliot: Look at his original e-mail about "Cascading attribute values" and consider @scope and @format. See also minutes/action items from 10 January 2023. COMPLETED
- Eliot; now that I've done this, which led to questions about 'how does it apply to direction & language?', I don't think I still have an action item, do I?
- Kris; I'll check, probably not.
Kris & Robert: Consider Eliot's latest e-mail about "Cascading attribute values" and consider where adjustments are need in regard to text and examples
06 June 2023:
Kris: Share DITA TC bookmarks
Eliot: Respond to dita-comment e-mail (https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/202304/msg00000.html)
- Kris; I worked on backlog; we'll discuss later in meeting

5. E-mails on dita-comment
a. DITA 2.0 Learning and Training Content specialization
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/202305/msg00001.html (kehua.chang@siemens.com, 24 May 2023)
- Kris; 1.3 L&T stuff is in our 2.0 repo; Scott and Eliot, will you take on task of updating L&T to 2.0?
- Eliot; yes, Dawn, did you have content to contribute?
- Dawn; yes, Brianna had done a bunch, will check with her.
***ActionItem: Dawn will check with Brianna on extent to which she's updated L&T for 2.0.
***ActionItem: Scott and Eliot will start to update L&T files to work with 2.0 base.
***ActionItem: Eliot will respond to dita-comment item on L&T from 24 May 2023.

b. is there a "DITA 2.0" homepage with links to the latest draft specification?
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/dita-comment/202306/msg00000.html (Christopher.Papademetrious@synopsys.com, 14 June 2023)
- Kris; we probably want to point him to the publicly acccesible pages for draft DITA spec and draft techcomm spec; can someone do that?
- Eliot; I can do that
- Scott; he's already gotten a PDF...
- Kris; but it's a specific PDF, not the page with the updated versions, which will always give him the latest one. If we give him the publicly accessible pages for those 2 PDFs, he can always get the updated versions.
- Eliot; what is the page?
- Kris; I go from the TC public front page -> documents -> drafts
https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=70699&wg_abbrev=dita
for base
- Eliot; I can find the one for techcomm.
***ActionItem.: Eliot will respond to dita-comment item on getting the latest draft spec, from 14 June 2023.

6. DITA 2.0 backlog
DITA 2.0 Backlog
- Kris; for overview of content; primary question is; are these topics eneeded? I'll volunteer for abbrev forms because I'm working with Mayo's botched use of it. any other volunteers? especially for glossary ref?
- Eliot; I'll take that, along with gloss entry, gloss group, and glossgroup, but NOT the whole list of glossary ref elements.
Christina; I could do overview DITA topics.
- Kris; I'd like everyone to take the basic DITA stuff and see if we really need them. We still need overviews, but we need to reassess what should actually be in there.
- Robert; When I look at it, it appears to be original PR for when DITA was new. I still think having it makes sense, but it's not a requirement for 2.0; and in any case, is this the right content?
- Scott; and also, is this the appropriate location for it?
- Christina; it actually looks like 'concepts around using DITA', rather than the elements themselves, so maybe it should be in something called 'How DITA Works'?
- Robert; I don't think it's a problem to have a section like this, but I don't know if this is all correct.
- Leroy; I do think it needs to be in the spec, or else easliy linked to from spec.
- Christina; definitely, there should be a way to easily access this from spec.
- Leroy; what's the problem with keeping it in? looking at specs, if content moves from version to version, it can be a problem if it moves around in the spec.
- Robert; I think it's fine to leave it in, but it's written as a PR announcement for DITA, as if DITA is still brand new.
- Kris; 2.0 is a major release, and we've done a major overhaul for spec content; we need to do same thing with this. We haven't so far; the DITA contents section probably hasn't been touched since 1.2... Wrt overview of DITA maps, I overhauled that content for 1.2 and moved it into the section on DITA maps and their usage; we need to see if this is appropriate and how should we say it. e.g. some content should actually be single-sourced from our @ sections. Christina, I'd be glad to put your name next to DITA topics.
- Christina; I'll look at it with a fresh set of eyes; there's a lot of good stuff, but maybe it can use some work.
- Leroy; I'd like to work on this with you.
- Kris; if it would help to have me present, I'd be happy to be there.
- Kris; please everyone look at this stuff

- Leroy; I'm glad L&T will still be in 2.0.
- Kris; L&T will not be in 2.0, but we'll update it to so it supports 2.0. We just didn't have the resources to work on it.

12 noon ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 18 July 2023

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison