dita message

Subject: Groups - DITA TC Meeting Minutes 9 January 2024 uploaded

Submitter's message
[My apologies for the late submittal]

ActionItems:
1. Robert will look at the pull requests for changes to specialization elements / legacy clean-up and "Introduction to DITA"

Minutes of the OASIS DITA TC
Tuesday, 9 January 2024
Recorded by Hancy Harrison
link to agenda for this meeting:
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/dita/wiki/Previous-agendas

Attendance:
===========
Robert Anderson, Stan Doherty, Kris Eberlein, Nancy Harrison, Bob Johnson, Eliot Kimber, Zoe Lawson, Christina Rothwell, Leroy Steinbacher, Dawn Stevens

Business
========
Regrets: Scott Hudson

1. Approve minutes from previous business meeting
05 December 2023 https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/202312/msg00009.html?referring_url=%2Fkws (Harrison, 12 December 2023)
Kris moved, 2nd Dawn, approved by TC

2. Announcements
- ConVex https://convex.infomanagementcenter.com is scheduled for 8-10 April 2024 in Minneapolis. The call for speakers is expected to close on 15 December 2024.
- Dawn; we need more talks, on anything besides AI. OTOH, DITA Europe is shaping up very well.
- Robert; last year at convex, came down with covid, this year, caught covid over new years, so should be ok fo helsinki
- Eliot; I can get mine in.
- Adobe DITA World https://2024-adobe-dita-world.meetus.adobeevents.com/ is scheduled for May 2024. If you are interested in speaking, send an e-mail to techcomm@adobe.com.

3. Upcoming work
1. Review of glossary content
2. Review of specialization elements and legacy clean-up
3. Review of "Introduction to DITA"
- Kris; we have pull requests for 2 & 3
***ActionItem: Robert will look at the pull requests for changes to specialization elements / legacy clean-up and "Introduction to DITA"
- Kris; Dawn, what about glossary elements?
- Dawn; just finishing up on these, intend to get done by this Friday, so maybe we can review next week?
- Kris; hope that works.

4. Use of relationship tables
Eberlein, 21 December https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/202312/msg00015.html
Doherty, 21 December 2023 https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/202312/msg00016.html
Kimber, 21 December 2023 https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/202312/msg00017.html
Priestley, 21 December 2023 https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/dita/email/archives/202312/msg00018.html
- Kris; I think reltables are a nice way of defining associated content, but they're not easy to use; I prioritize designing stuff that's easy for the user experience.
- Eliot; agree with that; it's so difficult to author and maintain reltables that it's not practical.
- Kris; they could be simple, e.g., one row and 3 columns, but the way the reltables and content gets rendered in UI, there are too many text overruns, so it's not possible to read the data easily.

5. What parts of the old DITA TC wiki did you use?
To design a new wiki, we need to know what content we need to plan for
[no updates]

6. Action items
See Current action items
[no updates]

more on ConVex:
- Dawn; I have 2 proposals from Stan, including a virtual one from eclipse site, and one from Bob.
- Kris; we'll try to open a review of specialized elements and cleanup stuff, followd by glossary content. I'll reach out to prospective writers of CNs, especially wrt troubleshooting and migration. If you want to work on a CN, we'll talk about it next week.

11:35am ET close

-- Ms. Nancy Harrison
Document Name: DITA TC Meeting Minutes 9 January 2024

No description provided.
Download Latest Revision
Public Download Link

Submitter: Ms. Nancy Harrison