docbook message

Subject: Re: [docbook] Tabs and <formalgroup> content model

On 2/5/24 06:31, Norm Tovey-Walsh wrote:
Thomas Schraitle <tom_schr@web.de> writes:
Not sure if this is the "right" way to do that in DocBook, but I face some
questions:

1. What if I don't need the formalgroup title?
    I could use <title/>, but that's not the same. Perhaps this goes into
    the direction of a <informalformalgroup> (which doesn't exist).

Iâm not sure formalgroup is really a good fit here. It feels more like
whatâs needed for this sort of thing is an âalternativesâ element and a
wrapper for a series of alternatives.

In addition to the title problem, I wouldnât be surprised if you
discovered you wanted to have different kinds of things in different
tabs. You might even be eluding to that in your introduction of
formalpara to the mix. Note that formalgroup is a group of one type.

Just as an information point, "other" systems do have provision for alternatives-in-tabs model, but it's not necessarily intrinsic, as an illustration see here (this is an add-on):

https://pypi.org/project/sphinx-tabs/