docbook message

Subject: Re: [docbook] Tabs and <formalgroup> content model

Hi,

On 05/02/2024 19.42, Norm Tovey-Walsh wrote:
Mats Wichmann <mats@wichmann.us> writes:
Just as an information point, "other" systems do have provision for
alternatives-in-tabs model, but it's not necessarily intrinsic, as an
illustration see here (this is an add-on):

https://pypi.org/project/sphinx-tabs/

Thatâs interesting. Itâs more reminiscent of nested lists.

If you were going to do this with tag abuse, abusing an itemized list
would seem among the least-worst options. For better or worse, listitem
doesnât allow a title, though, so youâd still need the listitems to be
wrappers around something, I guess.

Yes, a list would be far better idea than a table.

I wonder, he asks with trepidation, if listitems should be allowed to
have titles?

It would make a lot of sense. Even if you don't use listitems for tabs, a title
for a listitem may serve as a "summary"?

At the moment, when I need a title-like structure I use <formalpara> (which
comes with its own sort of restrictions). Using just a <title> inside a
<listitem> would make things easier. Additionally, it may help in situations
with <xref/> where you want to reference the listitem.

The only thing that may be a bit awkward would be a <variablelist> and <term>
(which sort of acts already as a form of a title).

--
GruÃ/Regards
  Thomas Schraitle