office message

Subject: Notes from 18 September 2023 - ODF TC Teleconference

[18:00] Svante Schubert: Our Agenda today:
1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 11 September 2023 - Âhttps://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202309/msg00004.html

4. Review last week's work (vote on next release)
Missing release target - in Jira the attribute "Fix version"
4a) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4148

5. Check Issues
The query "project = OFFICE AND status = New AND fixVersion is EMPTY" shows 20 issues
https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY
5a) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4145 (editorial)
5b) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4141 (editorial)
5c) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4115
5d) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4112
5e) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4099 (editorial)

6. Adjournment.

[18:04] Svante Schubert: 1. Reached Quorum
[18:05] Svante Schubert: 2. Agreed on agenda, but we add a quick report on the issues & work on the drafts done by Francis in the beginning of 4.
[18:05] Svante Schubert: 3. Approved the minutes unanimously
[18:05] Svante Schubert:
[18:05] Svante Schubert: 4. Update on the drafts/issues by Francis
[18:06] Svante Schubert: We discussed two issues last week were we agreed on the proposal
[18:06] Svante Schubert: a) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2164
[18:06] Svante Schubert: b) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4094 - Rounding last second
[18:07] Svante Schubert: Francis adjusted JIRA issue - by using "reject edits" button back to resolve
[18:07] Svante Schubert: Did the changes on the jira issue, to the master document and back update in JIRA
[18:09] Francis Cave: During the week I corrected some inconsistency in comments in the schema that cite JIRA issues. All such comments should now include the full URI of the JIRA issue.
[18:09] Francis Cave: My thanks to Alfred for pointing out this inconsistency.
[18:10] Svante Schubert: There is one more issue: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4148 is missing the "Fix Version"
[18:12] Svante Schubert: Francis: The problem here is how to add a normative reference with no specific version.
[18:19] Svante Schubert: Francis thinks the adoption is a small change. It remains an optional feature. He will draft a normative reference and tends to go for ODF 1.4.
[18:20] Svante Schubert: Alfred: As long as it is all self-contained in the element - no RNG changes. It is fine!
[18:22] Svante Schubert: We all agree on the "fix version" of "ODF 1.4" for https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4148
[18:23] Svante Schubert: Francis will apply the changes to JIRA.
[18:23] Svante Schubert:
[18:23] Svante Schubert: 5. Check Issues
[18:25] Svante Schubert: Francis: If we accept an issue, we open the issue and change the "fixVersion" to the upcoming version (e.g. ODF-1.4) or
[18:26] Svante Schubert: "odf-next" (for likely ODF-1.5) or "office-later" for some future version
[18:26] Francis Cave: We should only change the Fix version after some initial discussion on priorities.
[18:28] Svante Schubert: 5b) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4141
[18:29] Svante Schubert: ^^We should move this issue as editorial issue to GitHub and close it
[18:30] Svante Schubert: 5a) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4145 Âsame category
[18:30] Svante Schubert: also 5e) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4099 (editorial)
[18:32] Svante Schubert: Francis: 5e is purely editorial.
[18:35] Svante Schubert: We all agree that those editorial issues should be moved to GitHub and later be closed with comments that they have been editorial. If it turns out that they change the semantic they should be discussed here again.
[18:23] Svante Schubert:
[18:35] Svante Schubert: Michael: Mentioned that cross-references are currently often inconsistent (editorial issue)
[18:36] Svante Schubert: Francis: The editors will try to fix those
[18:39] Francis Cave: See 19.506 and 19.507 in Part 3 of ODF 1.3
[18:39] Svante Schubert: https://docs.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument/v1.3/os/part3-schema/OpenDocument-v1.3-os-part3-schema.html#attribute-style_num-prefix
[18:39] Francis Cave: style:num-prefix and style:num-suffix
[18:43] Svante Schubert: style:num-format 19.507 is pointing to the wrong attribute. Sometimes the references are missing. This might/should be fixed automatically.
[18:44] Svante Schubert: Sometimes the styles of the references are also wrong. Should be mentioned in a GitHub issue.
[18:47] Svante Schubert: Francis will take care of the existing editorial JIRA issues (commenting the move to GitHub) and make sure that there is an JIRA issue for the cross-reference problem
[18:47] Svante Schubert: commenting, adding editorial label and closing the issue
[18:47] Svante Schubert:Â
[18:48] Svante Schubert: 5c) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4115
[18:49] Svante Schubert: Francis believes this issue has already been dealt with.
[18:49] Michael Stahl: probably dealt with in https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4030
[18:53] Svante Schubert: Francis: will add a reference to 4030 in 4115.
[18:53] Svante Schubert: We might want to keep only one issue for each feature we applied
[18:54] Svante Schubert: Michael: There is a resolution field duplicate - only the other issue number is a missing feature!
[18:55] Svante Schubert: Please also add in 4030 the reference to the duplicate 4115.
[18:55] Svante Schubert: Change resolution 4115 as duplicate.
[18:56] Svante Schubert: We all agreed on the above handling of 4115.
[18:56] Svante Schubert:
[18:56] Svante Schubert: 5d) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4112
[18:57] Svante Schubert: https://github.com/oasis-tcs/odf-tc/raw/master/docs/odf1.4/part3-schema/OpenDocument-v1.4-part3-schema-tracked.odt
[18:59] Svante Schubert: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/202109/msg00000.html
[19:01] Michael Stahl: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proleptic_Julian_calendar
[19:01] Michael Stahl: "The proleptic Julian calendar is produced by extending the Julian calendar backwards to dates preceding AD 8 when the quadrennial leap year stabilized." => clearly its proleptic Gregorian
[19:01]Â Svante Schubert: Will continue on this issue at our next Meeting next week on the 25th of September.
[19:01]Â Svante Schubert: Next Meeting next week on the 25th of September.
[19:01] Svante Schubert: Meeting adjourned