office message

Subject: Notes from 23 October 2023 - ODF TC Teleconference

[17:55]ÂSvante Schubert: ** AGENDA:

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 16 October 2023 - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00015.html

4. Status update/review on last week's editors work
a) Francis corrected chapter numbers of https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4073 (reviewed by myself)s
see https://oasis-tcs.github.io/odf-tc/odf1.4/part3-schema/OpenDocument-v1.4-part3-schema.html#property-style_vertical-pos
b)  Alfred has identified several JIRA issues, listed in appendices of Parts 2, 3 and 4 of the current draft of ODF 1.4, that either appear to be entirely editorial changes or include changes to some sections that are purely editorial.
Francis has listed them as follows:
Office-4025:

Editorial change of a single word in Part 3, 19.639
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4025

Office-4088:

Editorial change, adding the word attribute  and changing implementation defined  to implementation-defined  in Part 2, 4.17
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4088
(editorial flag is still missing)

Office-4096:

Editorial change, correcting the matrix in Part 4, 6.5.1

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4096

Office-4113:

Editorial changes only, making wording consistent between functions, in Part 4, 6.13.6, 6.13.11, 6.13.12, 6.13.15 and 6.13.16. Note that other changes connected with this issue ARE technical, so should remain listed in the Appendix.

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4113
(editorial flag is still missing)

Office-4139:

Editorial changes only in Part 4, 6.14.5 and 6.14.12.

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4139
(editorial flag is still missing)

Does anyone object that they are purely editorial and to add the "editorial" flag when missing and to remove thosefrom the appendices lists?

I have reviewed them and would agree as they are purely editorial!

5. Problems with DAY, MONTH and YEAR functions blocking "round or trunc seconds" problem
  Please read Regina proposed solution for the case, that we decide to use new functions for 'rounding before extracting'
  see https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00019.html
  see https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00019/Add_new_functions_with_beforehand_round_seconds_.odt

6. Additions to applied OFFICE-4110 which is related to draw:handle
a) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4146
We need to vote on the existing proposal and the target version (JIRA "Fix Version" property).

7. Check Issues
The query "project = OFFICE AND status = New AND fixVersion is EMPTY" shows 17 issues (including 4147 above)
https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY
a) We might want to prioritize on the four bugs:
project = OFFICE AND status = New AND fixVersion is EMPTY AND Type=Bug
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4147?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY%20AND%20Type%3DBug
b) followed by the six improvements:
project = OFFICE AND status = New AND fixVersion is EMPTY AND type=Improvement
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4145?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY%20AND%20type%3DImprovement

8. Adjournment.

NOTE:
Our next call will be next Monday 30.11. but one our later in the US due to our special handling of daylight savings time, see
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2023&month=10&day=30&hour=17&min=0&sec=0&p1=234&p2=25&p3=136&p4=37&p5=101&p6=241
[18:02]ÂPatrick: Quorum - yes
[18:02]ÂSvante Schubert: 1. We have Quorum
[18:03]ÂPatrick: agenda - approved by consent
[18:03]ÂSvante Schubert: 2. Agenda approved
[18:04]ÂSvante Schubert: 3. Minutes approval of https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00015.html
[18:04]ÂPatrick: 3. minutes of 16 October 2023 - approved by consent
[18:06]ÂSvante Schubert: 4. Editors work - see nicer table of editorial issues in the minutes: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00021.html
[18:08]ÂSvante Schubert: approved by consent

[18:08]ÂSvante Schubert: 5. Problems with DAY, MONTH and YEAR functions blocking "round or trunc seconds" problem
  Please read Regina proposed solution for the case, that we decide to use new functions for 'rounding before extracting'
  see https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00019.html
  see https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00019/Add_new_functions_with_beforehand_round_seconds_.odt
[18:09]ÂSvante Schubert: Regina: Shall we go into the direction of new functions?
[18:10]ÂSvante Schubert: Alfred: Asked the Excel team on the idea.
[18:10]ÂSvante Schubert: They agreed to disagree on new parameters on existing functions!
[18:13]ÂSvante Schubert: Excel developers had the idea of having it as a general workbook option.
[18:13]ÂSvante Schubert: Regina: We might need some time to think about and we might want to move it to office-next (aka ODF 1.5)
[18:14]ÂSvante Schubert: Michael: No strong opinion on the target for this problem.
[18:18]ÂSvante Schubert: When we move this issue to ODF 1.5 we can give the MS team some more weeks to discuss it in more detail and extend!
[18:20]ÂPatrick: set this to ODF 1.5, revert entered changes back to ODF 1.3,
[18:22]ÂPatrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4094
[18:23]ÂSvante Schubert: we will put it back on the agenda, when someone ask for it!
[18:23]ÂSvante Schubert: agreed on the above by consent
[18:23]ÂFrancis Cave: I will reverse the changes associated with Office-4094 in the Part 4 working draft in GitHub.

[18:24]ÂSvante Schubert: 6. Additions to applied OFFICE-4110 which is related to draw:handle
a) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4146
We need to vote on the existing proposal and the target version (JIRA "Fix Version" property).
[18:24]ÂSvante Schubert: https://oasis-tcs.github.io/odf-tc/odf1.4/part3-schema/OpenDocument-v1.4-part3-schema.html#attribute-draw_handle-radius-range-maximum
[18:26]ÂSvante Schubert: Original issue: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4110
[18:26]ÂSvante Schubert: Update: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4146
[18:28]ÂSvante Schubert: We have deprecated attributes and added new attributes, but the syntax description still refers to the deprecated attributes!
[18:28]ÂSvante Schubert: We should update the syntax descriptions to easily update in the future.
[18:31]ÂSvante Schubert: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4146 agree by consent on proposal and target version ODF 1.4

[18:32]ÂSvante Schubert: 7. Check Issues
The query "project = OFFICE AND status = New AND fixVersion is EMPTY" shows 17 issues (including 4147 above)
https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY
a) We might want to prioritize on the four bugs:
project = OFFICE AND status = New AND fixVersion is EMPTY AND Type=Bug
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4147?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY%20AND%20Type%3DBug
b) followed by the six improvements:
project = OFFICE AND status = New AND fixVersion is EMPTY AND type=Improvement
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4145?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY%20AND%20type%3DImprovement

[18:34]ÂSvante Schubert: There are just two issues left for a) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4147?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY%20AND%20Type%3DBug
[18:36]ÂSvante Schubert: Regina: Propose to set it to ODF 1.5. Application does it right, it is just a wrong description: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4147?
[18:38]ÂSvante Schubert: All agreed on the above!
[18:38]ÂSvante Schubert: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4116
[18:38]ÂSvante Schubert: 19.162 draw:extrusion-rotation-center misses unit for Z component and meaning of 0.
[18:40]ÂSvante Schubert: Regina: Problem B we have to express where the origin of the coordinate system is
[18:41]ÂSvante Schubert: Regina: Other problem: Shape size does not say anything about Z direction. R
[18:44]ÂSvante Schubert: Regina: Mentioned VML as MS Office is still writing VML out as a fall-back.
[18:45]ÂSvante Schubert: Francis: DrawingML is used by OOXML when strict is required.
[18:46]ÂSvante Schubert: Do we all agree on accepting the issue and setting the target version to ODF 1.5?
[18:46]ÂSvante Schubert: Agreed by consent!

[18:47]ÂSvante Schubert: 7 b) Second query: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4145?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY%20AND%20type%3DImprovement
[18:47]ÂSvante Schubert: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4131
[18:47]ÂSvante Schubert: Inline content controls for text documents
[18:49]ÂSvante Schubert: we will postpone this to next week as it is too large
[18:49]ÂSvante Schubert: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4128
[18:49]ÂSvante Schubert: Allow value "line" for "char" anchored objects in style:vertical-rel (20.398 ODF 1.3)
[18:51]ÂSvante Schubert: Regina: Simply a combination is missing in the specification. Should be able to be resolved for ODF 1.5
[18:51]ÂSvante Schubert: Do we all agree on accepting the issue and setting the target version to ODF 1.5?
[18:52]ÂSvante Schubert: Agreed by consent!
[18:52]ÂSvante Schubert: NOTE:
Our next call will be next Monday 30.11. but one our later in the US due to our special handling of daylight savings time, see
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2023&month=10&day=30&hour=17&min=0&sec=0&p1=234&p2=25&p3=136&p4=37&p5=101&p6=241
[18:52]ÂSvante Schubert: Meeting adjourned!