office message

Subject: Minutes from October 23, 2023 - ODF TC

Greetings,

The minutes from the ODF TC teleconference, 23 October 2023 follow below:

NOTE:
Our next call will be next Monday 30.11. but one our later in the US due to our special handling of daylight savings time, see
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2023&month=10&day=30&hour=17&min=0&sec=0&p1=234&p2=25&p3=136&p4=37&p5=101&p6=241
Patrick: Quorum - yes
Svante Schubert: 1. We have Quorum
Patrick: agenda - approved by consent
Svante Schubert: 2. Agenda approved
Svante Schubert: 3. Minutes approval of https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00015.html
Patrick: 3. minutes of 16 October 2023 - approved by consent
Svante Schubert: 4. Editors work - see nicer table of editorial issues in the minutes: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00021.html
Svante Schubert: approved by consent
Svante Schubert: 5. Problems with DAY, MONTH and YEAR functions blocking "round or trunc seconds" problem  Please read Regina proposed solution for the case, that we decide to use new functions for 'rounding before extracting'
 see https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00019.html
 see https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00019/Add_new_functions_with_beforehand_round_seconds_.odt
Svante Schubert: Regina: Shall we go into the direction of new functions?
Svante Schubert: Alfred: Asked the Excel team on the idea.
Svante Schubert: They agreed to disagree on new parameters on existing functions! Svante Schubert: Excel developers had the idea of having it as a general workbook option. Svante Schubert: Regina: We might need some time to think about and we might want to move it to office-next (aka ODF 1.5)
Svante Schubert: Michael: No strong opinion on the target for this problem.
Svante Schubert: When we move this issue to ODF 1.5 we can give the MS team some more weeks to discuss it in more detail and extend!
Patrick: set this to ODF 1.5, revert entered changes back to ODF 1.3,
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4094
Svante Schubert: we will put it back on the agenda, when someone ask for it!
Svante Schubert: agreed on the above by consent
Svante Schubert: NOTE:
Our next call will be next Monday 30.11. but one our later in the US due to our special handling of daylight savings time, see
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2023&month=10&day=30&hour=17&min=0&sec=0&p1=234&p2=25&p3=136&p4=37&p5=101&p6=241
Francis Cave: I will reverse the changes associated with Office-4094 in the Part 4 working draft in GitHub. Svante Schubert: 6. Additions to applied OFFICE-4110 which is related to draw:handle
a) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4146
We need to vote on the existing proposal and the target version (JIRA "Fix Version" property). Svante Schubert: https://oasis-tcs.github.io/odf-tc/odf1.4/part3-schema/OpenDocument-v1.4-part3-schema.html#attribute-draw_handle-radius-range-maximum Svante Schubert: Original issue: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4110
Svante Schubert: Update: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4146
Svante Schubert: We have deprecated attributes and added new attributes, but the syntax description still refers to the deprecated attributes! Svante Schubert: We should update the syntax descriptions to easily update in the future. Svante Schubert: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4146 agree by consent on proposal and target version ODF 1.4
Svante Schubert: 7. Check Issues
The query "project = OFFICE AND status = New AND fixVersion is EMPTY" shows 17 issues (including 4147 above)
https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY
a) We might want to prioritize on the four bugs:
project = OFFICE AND status = New AND fixVersion is EMPTY AND Type=Bug
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4147?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY%20AND%20Type%3DBug
b) followed by the six improvements:
project = OFFICE AND status = New AND fixVersion is EMPTY AND type=Improvement
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4145?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY%20AND%20type%3DImprovement
Svante Schubert: There are just two issues left for a) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4147?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY%20AND%20Type%3DBug Svante Schubert: Regina: Propose to set it to ODF 1.5. Application do it right, it is just a wrong discription: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4147?
Svante Schubert: All agreed on the above!
Svante Schubert: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4116
Svante Schubert: 19.162 draw:extrusion-rotation-center misses unit for Z component and meaning of 0. Svante Schubert: Regina: Problem B we have to express where the origin of the coordinate system is Svante Schubert: Regina: Other problem: Shape size does not say anything about Z direction. R Svante Schubert: Regina: Mentioned VML as MS Office is writing still VML out as a fall-back. Svante Schubert: Francis: DrawingML is isued by OOXML when strict is required. Svante Schubert: Do we all agree on accepting the issue and setting the target version to ODF 1.5?
Svante Schubert: Agreed by consent!
Svante Schubert: 7 b) Second query: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4145?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY%20AND%20type%3DImprovement
Svante Schubert: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4131
Svante Schubert: Inline content controls for text documents
Svante Schubert: we will postpone this to next week as it is too large
Svante Schubert: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4128?
Svante Schubert: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4128
Svante Schubert: Allow value "line" for "char" anchored objects in style:vertical-rel (20.398 ODF 1.3) Svante Schubert: Regina: Simply a combination is missing in the specification. Should be able to be resolved for ODF 1.5 Svante Schubert: Do we all agree on accepting the issue and setting the target version to ODF 1.5?
Svante Schubert: Agreed by consent!
Svante Schubert: NOTE:
Our next call will be next Monday 30.11. but one our later in the US due to our special handling of daylight savings time, see
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2023&month=10&day=30&hour=17&min=0&sec=0&p1=234&p2=25&p3=136&p4=37&p5=101&p6=241
Svante Schubert: Meeting adjourned!

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net