office message

Subject: Notes from 30 October 2023 - ODF TC Teleconference

[17:55] Svante Schubert: AGENDA:

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve minutes of 23 October 2023 - https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00028.html

4. Status update/review on last week's editors work
a) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4146 was processed, so if it is editorial (last comment) why not using "editorial" flag?
b) ACTION REQUIRED: How do we proceed with Francis comment/question on how to handle other references to deprecated XML:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00031.html
c) Proposed changes to spreadsheet functions YEAR, MONTH, DAY, HOUR, MINUTE, SECOND and other related
 Âhttps://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4094
 ÂMoved from ODF 1.4 to 1.5 to MS team some more weeks to discuss it in more detail and extend.
 ÂWill put it on the agenda, when someone will ask for it!
d) Francis gave an update on the Editor's ODF 1.4 editing progress sheet:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00034/ODF_1.4_editing_progress_sheet_2023-10-23.ods
And might want to guide us through.
e) Svante added the editorial flags that were missing from editorial issues mentioned in last week meeting:
a) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4088
b) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4113
c) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4139

5. Check Issues - ACTION REQUIRED: PLEASE PREPARE!
The query "project = OFFICE AND status = New AND fixVersion is EMPTY" shows 10 issues
https://issues.oasis-open.org/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY
There are three improvements we would like to focus on this call:
project = OFFICE AND status = New AND fixVersion is EMPTY AND type=Improvement
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4131?jql=project%20%3D%20OFFICE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20New%20AND%20fixVersion%20is%20EMPTY%20AND%20type%3DImprovement

a) OFFICE-4131: Inline content controls for text documents
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4131
b) OFFICE-4129: Addition to style:vertical-rel Allow area above page content area
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4129
c) OFFICE-4111: Rule missing for marker in enhanced-path
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4111

6. Adjournment.
[18:05] Svante Schubert: 1. We have Quorum!

[18:06] Svante Schubert: 2. We all agree on today's agenda!

[18:06] Svante Schubert: 3. Minutes of last week agreed.

[18:07] Svante Schubert: 4. Status update/review on last week's editors work
[18:07] Svante Schubert: a) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4146 does it miss an editorial flag?
[18:10] Svante Schubert: We all agree on the editorial label - going to add it now!
[18:10] Svante Schubert: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00039.html

[18:10] Svante Schubert: b) ACTION REQUIRED: How do we proceed with Francis comment/question on how to handle other references to deprecated XML:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00031.html
[18:11] Svante Schubert:Â Regina looked through the references to deprecated XML nodes:Â https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00039.html
[18:13] Svante Schubert: In the first part it is the other way around: Deprecated nodes are using other nodes! No action required, unless those deprecated are removed!
[18:13] Svante Schubert: These 4 are among the one mentioned above:
5.3.6 <text:numbered-paragraph> is deprecated, but is cross-referenced in 19.834 text:level.

7.7.14 <text:table-formula> is deprecated, but is cross-referenced by 19.473.15 (attribute style:data-style-name) and 19.802.7 (attribute text:display).

10.4.7 <draw:applet> is deprecated, but is cross-referenced by 19.915 xlink:actuate (in two places), 19.916.9 (attribute xlink:href), 19.917 xlink:show (in two places) and 19.919 xlink:type.

10.8.6 <presentation:dim> is deprecated, but is cross-referenced in 19.122.3 (attribute draw:color).
[18:13] Svante Schubert: ----------
[18:13] Svante Schubert: But Action is needed for
19.17 chart:data-source-has-labels is deprecated, but is cross-referenced in 11.10 <chart:categories> and 19.597.2 (attribute table:cell-range-address).
[18:14] Svante Schubert: see https://oasis-tcs.github.io/odf-tc/odf1.4/part3-schema/OpenDocument-v1.4-part3-schema.html#attribute-chart_data-source-has-labels
[18:16] Svante Schubert: Regina's suggestion:
Change
If this attribute or the <chart:categories> element itself is omitted, the chart:data-source-has-labels attribute of the <chart:plot-area> element should be evaluated for labels to display on a category-axis.
If this attribute or the <chart:categories> element itself is omitted, consumers may evaluate the chart:data-source-has-labels attribute of the <chart:plot-area> element for labels to display on a category-axis. Producers should not use the deprecated chart:data-source-has-labels attribute 19.17.
[18:21] Svante Schubert: ==================================================================

Action is needed for
10.8.1 <presentation:animations> is deprecated, but is cross-referenced in 10.9.1 (SMIL Presentation Animations - General).

Now in 10.9.1 (SMIL Presentation Animations - General)
SMIL based shape animations are specified for presentation documents. This type of animation can be used instead of that specified by <presentation:animations> elements if elements for one of the following items is required: ...

Suggestion:
SMIL based shape animations are specified for presentation documents. Producers should not use animations specified by the deprecated <presentation:animations> elements. Compared with animations specified by <presentation:animations> elements, SMIL based shape animations allow in addition: ...
[18:22] Svante Schubert: https://oasis-tcs.github.io/odf-tc/odf1.4/part3-schema/OpenDocument-v1.4-part3-schema.html#__RefHeading__1415938_253892949
[18:26] Svante Schubert: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4023
[18:31] Svante Schubert: We all agree on the above suggestions from Regina and will create a new issue for the issue from ODF 1.3 and add the suggestion to the existing one.
[18:32] Francis Cave: The existing issue relating to deprecation of presentation elements is https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4023.

[18:32] Svante Schubert: c) FYI - https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4094
 ÂMoved from ODF 1.4 to 1.5 to MS team some more weeks to discuss it in more detail and extend.

[18:32] Svante Schubert: d) Francis gave an update on the Editor's ODF 1.4 editing progress sheet:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/202310/msg00034/ODF_1.4_editing_progress_sheet_2023-10-23.ods
And might want to guide us through.
[18:39] Svante Schubert: Only one technical change: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4113
[18:40] Svante Schubert: We agree therefore to remove the editorial flag from 4113 again!
[18:41] Svante Schubert: Francis explained all highlighted cells of the spreadsheet!
[18:43] Svante Schubert: Francis asked Michael to review RNG change form https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3759

[18:44] Svante Schubert: e) Svante added the editorial flags that were missing from editorial issues mentioned in last week meeting:
a) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4088
b) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4113 <-- and removed the flag again 5min ago, after review of Francis spreadsheet as there is one technical!
c) https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4139

[18:46] Svante Schubert: 5 a) OFFICE-4131: Inline content controls for text documents
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4131
[18:48] Svante Schubert: We need to decide if we open it
[18:50] Svante Schubert: We agree to accept the issue and set a target to ODF 1.5. Anything for interoperability is good!

[18:50] Svante Schubert: b) OFFICE-4129: Addition to style:vertical-rel Allow area above page content area
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4129
[18:51] Svante Schubert: We added once a feature for the page button, but forgotten the same feature for the top of the page!
[18:54] Svante Schubert: We agree to accept and open the issue and set a target even to ODF 1.4. To have the symmetry and have the implementation in one go!
[18:55] Svante Schubert: Regina: The wording should be the same as for the bottom.

[18:56] Svante Schubert: c) OFFICE-4111: Rule missing for marker in enhanced-path
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-4111
[18:59] Svante Schubert: We agree to accept the issue and set to target to ODF 1.5. We should try to specify it for ODF 1.5, if there are trouble in specifying it we can still postpone it!

[19:00] Svante Schubert: Meeting adjourned
[19:00] Svante Schubert: Next meeting likely next week, but I will not be able to attend and I am on the plane to the LibreOffice Conference in Mexico.
[19:00] Svante Schubert: Next meeting: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2023&month=11&day=6&hour=17&min=0&sec=0&p1=234&p2=25&p3=136&p4=37&p5=101&p6=241