uddi-spec message

Subject: RE: [uddi-spec] RE: OASIS UDDI TC Submission of UDDI V2 as an OASISStandard

> The only reason for exception to the process OASIS might be
> in a position to find acceptable is that public availability
> of UDDI V2 documents was PR-ed all over news media and trade
> publications.  Public comment was provided through means
> available at the time (public mailing lists).  This was done
> outside the framework of the OASIS process, but nonetheless
> it can be argued that the TC fulfilled the principles and the
> intent of the OASIS process by acting "in the spirit" of the
> process prior to UDDI's transition to OASIS.

I suspect that the recent updates to the v2 tModel documentation might
invalidate the "Review must take place for a minimum of 30 days, during
which time no
changes may be made to the document." part of the process (but then we
need to definte what the document is - I assume all documents listed at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/uddi-spec/tcspecs.shtml#uddiv2
under UDDI v2 Specfications).

On the assumption that these are the documents and there are no pending
action points for revision, shall we propose a motion (either for vote
via e-mail or at the next TC teleconference), that we open the
specifications for public review as preparation for submitting them for
consideration as an OASIS standard, and announce this in the appropriate
places?

I'm happy to propose this if Tom and Luc are happy that we are ready to
proceed on this.

Matthew