xliff message

Subject: Meeting minutes

Dear all,

Please find below a summary of today’s discussion.

Please note that a new ballot has been opened: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/ballot.php?id=3745&referring_url=%2Fkws

Happy New Year,

Lucía

Attendance: Rodolfo, Yoshito, Lucía. We have quorum.

I. Administration
A. Approve 1 November meeting minutes.
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/202211/msg00000.html.

Y: I second.

R: Meeting minutes approved.

II. Technical work
A. ISO template.
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/xliff-xliff-22/issues/3. David.

R: David is not on the call.

B. Discussed and approved changes in the spec. Rodolfo. You can download updated versions of the specification from
https://github.com/oasis-tcs/xliff-xliff-22/tree/master/xliff-22

R: I have not made any new changes since last meeting, as we have not still taken a decision on points C and D.

C. Predefined value of the attribute “version”. Rodolfo. https://github.com/oasis-tcs/xliff-xliff-22/issues/19

R: We should have a ballot. Yoshito, you proposed having a fixed value. I prefer to keep the enumeration and clarify that for this version the value is 2.2.

Y: What I did not understand is what “default” means.

R: In XML means that if you did not set the value, something is assumed.

Y: But this is required anyway. Default value is very confusing to me.

R: We can add a note to clarify that for this version is 2.2, but 2.1 and 2.0 are also considered valid for back compatibility with previous versions. Do you agree with that?

Y: I do.

L: Me too.

R: In the default value, we could state 2.2 instead “undefined”.

R: We should do a ballot to decide on this point.

L: I agree. We could reuse what is already specified in issue 19 in github.

Y: Me too.

Ballot:  https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/ballot.php?id=3745&referring_url=%2Fkws

D. Change of the name of Appendix B “Machine Readable Validation Artifacts (Informative)”. Rodolfo is proposing the following title as an example: “XLIFF Grammar Files (Normative)” https://github.com/oasis-tcs/xliff-xliff-22/issues/20

R: We have already had a ballot to decide on removing the artifacts from the spec on that point, see https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/xliff/ballot.php?id=3727, so we can take a decision to change the name of the appendix according to it.

L: I suggest we do a roll call to decide on this.

R: I agree.

Y: Me too.

Roll call: Do you agree on renaming Appendix B as “XLIFF Grammar Files (Normative)?

L: Yes

Y: Yes

R: Yes

R: Approved unanimously. I will adapt the spec accordingly.

R:  After having the result of the ballot, we could have a new version of the spec where we can work on improving small aspects like updating the examples.

L: Yes, that would be great. No new business. See you in the next meeting and Happy New Year.