xliff message

Subject: Meeting minutes

Dear all,

Please find below a summary of todayâs discussion.

Best,

LucÃa

-----------------------------

Attendance: Rodolfo, Yoshito, LucÃa, Peter. We have quorum

I. Administration
R: I move to approve 21 March meeting minutes.
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/202303/msg00003.html

Y: I second.

R: no objections, meeting minutes approved.

II. Technical work

A. ISO standard. Peter.

The current standard in ISO is 2.0. We have already talked about updating it to 2.1. Last time, we posted the OASIS form with the ISO format. We cannot do it a second time. We need an ISO template. I have prepared the draft: https://github.com/oasis-tcs/xliff-xliff-22/blob/master/xliff-21/ISO%2021720%20XLIFF%5B65%5D.docx

I started on that, but somebody on the Chetâs team needs to check on it.

I have made some modifications on the document, but all the changes should be approved by the TC. In June the ISO subcommittee will be dealing with this, have proposed to have time discuss the XLIFF. I wanted to discuss with the TC, to submit the 2.1 version. If it gets edited by somebody in Chetâs we can send it to the approval process. If we get comments, the XLIFF TC will have to give an answer.

During the last process, we did not get any comments. They were supportive. They saw that it a great standard that is widely used and they wanted to support it.

R: I have seen your changes, I do not see any obstacles.

L: Me too, I agree with Rodolfo.

R: We have already worked on 2.2 but I will not be ready before June.

P: We can come back to 2.2 at some stage. If we can know what the changes are in 2.2 it would be great to go back to the ISO.

R: The changes are minimal (Rodolfo shows Appendix C). We have two versions of the spec. We have added an optional attribute to the element note. We also allowed an optional mda:metadata element at the start of xliff.  There are not big changes.

P: I do not see any problem with this.

Y: In 2.2, we fixed some errors in version 2.1, like in the examples. Can we add those fixes to the draft?

P: We will have to check with Chet and Jaimie on this.

R: the most important thing is that we have the support of ISO of XLIFF. If we keep the approval of ISO of 2.1 is important.

R: The definition of ISO of translation does not apply to XLIFF, because sign language does not apply.

P: What I would suggest is that the TC goes through the draft I prepared and then ask Chet to check it.

Y: On OASIS, do we have a formal process to publish the errata? To fix those things and match the ISO?

R: It will take a lot of time to publish it, it will not be before June. If there is no harm is correcting them, I would correct them, we need to have Chet/Jamieâs opinion on this.

P: Perfect. I will inform the TC in ISO that I have talked to the XLIFF TC and that they want to submit the 2.1 version. I will be in Juneâs meeting to explain it. In practice, it takes two years to get the ISO standard. The last one was not translated into French.

R: We will have to an official ballot to approve the submission to ISO once we will agree on the last version of the draft.

R: David was actually assigned to this.

P: I think he is very busy at the moment.

L: Thank you Peter for your work. (Peter leaves)

R: The changes that Peter made are minor. I am ok with them.

L: Me too.

Y: I am ok too.

R: I will contact Chet and ask for directions.

IV. Other

A. Co-chair of the TC.

L: If everything goes as planned, I will be on maternity leave since mid-June. I might need to leave earlier due to medical reasons. During my absence, we need to appoint a co-chair. I do not know if Yoshito would like to take on that role.

Y: I can do it.

L: Thank you, I propose we do an official roll call to appoint Yoshito as co-chair during my absence.

R: I second.

L: Do you agree with appointing Yoshito as co-chair of the XLIFF TC during LucÃaâs maternity leave?

R: I do.

L: I do.

Y: I do.

Roll call passes. Thank you Yoshito.