xliff message

Subject: Meeting minutes

Dear all,

Please find below a summary of today’s discussion.

Best,

Lucía

--------

Attendance: Rodolfo, Yoshito, Lucía. We have quorum.

I. Administration
A. Approve 4th April meeting minutes.
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/202304/msg00000.html

Y: I second.

R: Meeting minutes approved.

II. Technical work

A. ISO standard.  Rodolfo.

R: we have contacted Chet and we will wait for them to review the document.

B. Typos in the spec. https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/xliff/202302/msg00003.html. Issue 21 in Github. https://github.com/oasis-tcs/xliff-xliff-22/issues/21 Rodolfo, Lucía

R:  There is nothing new in the spec, except that I have updated the names of the people involved. David has been moved to the acknowledgement section and his affiliation has been adapted to the information that is currently on the OASIS system.

R: I will move to put Yoshito as co-chair instead of Bryan in the spec.

L: I second.

R: Do you agree to have Yoshito as co-chair instead of Bryan listed in the spec?

Yes: Yoshito, Rodolfo, Lucía.

R: ballot passes.

(Rodolfo updates the spec.)

C. Next steps to review the new spec.

I will have to go back to the list of changes that Lucía proposed and see if we can create the new version. Let me finish the document and send you a document. Later, we can contact Chet and ask for directions after that.

L: It sounds good to me as a plan.

Y: Me too.

D: Other business

L: Yoshito mentioned having a collaborative system (like google docs) where we can work on the agenda and the meeting minutes.

Y: I do not have any issues in having the agenda in the OASIS system. However, this is not a very collaborative tool. What I propose is to have a google doc where everybody can collaborate and then I can compile the points to create the final points of the agenda that I will include in the OASIS system.

R: That looks good to me. We can also use teams for that.

Y: Do we have one?

R: I had created one in Teams. You can also use google docs and then copy and paste the content.

Y: ok, I will look into that.

Y: I would like to comment an approach that we have been implementing in our company. When we do the localisation testing of a product, we use in-context testing, each company has a way of doing it. In our case, we verify that the localised content is actually in the right location in the user interface. We use a script to capture of screenshots of the original and target content. We send this to the external vendor and they verify it. We actually use the resource data module of XLIFF for this, with a link to the corresponding screenshot. I hope it is a good case of the resource data module.

R: That sounds great. It is great case. If you can write about it and how it can be done. And provide a couple of examples, that would be great to be published in the OASIS website.

Y: This can be a future improvement in the resource data, because I have seen something some ways where we can improve it.

R: The resource data module does not have any examples, it is very abstract as it is described in the current spec. It would be great if you could provide some. I would say that it is important that we update the resource module with examples. I would not mind spending some weeks working on it.

Y: I think what we do could be useful for other people who might have the same needs.

R: If you could provide examples, we can add them here. This would be important.

Y: It could also be explained as an external article.

R: you can publish an article and we can publish in the website.

y: Yes, because the information in the spec might not be accessible for everyone.

R: having it in an external resource could be good too.

Y: I might send an email and also an issue to describe it. People might be interested in it.

R: If we have something that is valuable like this, that is great.

L: No new business, meeting adjourned.