board-busdev-thought-leaders message

Subject: OASIS Opportunity

CISA and the NSA recently released  Securing the Software Supply Chain: Recommended Practices for Software Bill of Materials Consumption. The very last sentence of the body of the document, in the “Conclusion: SBOM Consumption Today and Tomorrow” section, states:

  • “A vendor neutral open standard set of risk factors that can be aggregated into risk scoring for SBOMs should be developed.”

I would be willing to participate in (but not chair) a new TC to create the standard envisioned. I believe it only takes 5 people in 2 companies to justify starting a TC. Anyone else interested? My belief is that it would kick off a firestorm of activity and result in some new members as well as more participation from existing members. But if we are to do it, we need to move quickly.

--

Duncan Sparrell

sFractal Consulting

iPhone, iTypo, iApologize