dita message

Subject: Review U: Participation & important question

Hi, folks;

Here is a table that outlines the current participation in the Content Fusion review of the “Overview of DITA material”:

TC voting members

Participation in review U

Dawn Stevens

Kris Eberlein

Nancy Harrison

Christina Rothwell

Zoe Lawson

Stan Doherty

Robert Anderson

Eliot Kimber

Scott Hudson

Frank Wegmann

Eric Sirois

Good comments, folks. Keep them coming. In particular, we need comments on the “DITA map” topic cluster. (Do note that we not include any of the example in this “Overview”; they are being moved to the new “DITA maps and their usage” section in the “DITA maps processing” chapter.)

The truly big question that we need to address:

  • What is the purpose of this section in the spec?
  • Who is the audience?
  • What do we really, truly want to say here?

This content started out as marketing for DITA in the DITA 1.0 materials. It morphed a bit and got updated over the years … For DITA 2.0, we need this material to be deliberate and solid. Again, what is the purpose of this content and what do we want it to say?

PDF of the review comments attached.

Kris