dita message

Subject: RE: [dita] FW: OASIS website: Info on DITA 2.0 hard to find, URLs broken

Chet, I donât think any of the vendors will release product based on 2.0. (We do have vendors who ship our draft DITA 2.0 DTDs as âpreviews,â but they are careful to indicate that DITA 2.0 is not yet released.)

This inquiry came from a DITA user, a consultant at parsons in Germany.

Best,

Kris

From: Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 15, 2023 10:33 AM
To: Kristen James Eberlein <kris@eberleinconsulting.com>

Kris, just to you because I don't know how much this will really matter. People are free to review working drafts of course but I do want to point out that the OASIS IPR coverage doesn't apply to working drafts and CSDs. The IPR pledges don't lock in until the TC approves it as a CS.

Practical impact? I think mainly that no one should release a product based on 2.0 while it is still in draft form. Fine to start looking at what changes they'll need to make.